Which LV bag surprised you the most?

Feb 29, 2008
Hi Ladies!

I have found myself extremely surprised by my recent love affair with a bag that I never really thought twice about in the past. Around August or September, I had gone to LV to look at a different bag and decided that while I was there I would look at and try on the Totally MM. I typically like less structured/softer canvas LV bags, so I did not expect to like Totally. I tried it on and instantly fell in love. The Totally was a lot softer than I had expected and the straps were the perfect length for my "curvy" frame. I instantly imagined how practical the outer pockets would be, and the zip top was the icing on the cake. I ended up finding a like new pre-loved 2012 Made in France one on eBay to avoid the cloth USA tag, and used it until cooler weather set. Then, just recently I decided I needed to add a mono Totally MM to my collection as well, which I recently purchased pre-loved with a gorgeous patina. :smile: I just find Totally MM so functional and comfortable, that I never want to change out of this bag....and I never even knew I wanted it in the first place!
This bag was a huge surprise to me.....so, that led me to wonder, good or bad, which LV bag ended up surprising my fellow TPFers most of all? :amazed: Please tell!

Hi fellow Arizonian, actually the Alma. I've seen it in passing and was never attracted to the shape . But recently with all the reveals I see here I am liking it more and more. Especially the Vernis. The more I see them, mostly Amarante, the more I want one. I'm thinking the Alma BB would be great. :smile:

For me it's not really about the style of purse but rather the print: I never thought I'd get attracted to the azur as it seems to be the hardest to maintain but looking at all the azur reveals and the club, it is now definitely on top of my list :smile: very pretty. so hard to choose among azur galliera, figheri, totally, and speedy!

Marylbone.. Saw on TPF when someone put pictures of it in the catalogue and thought how awkward and not attractive it was :angel:
Saw some mod shots a few weeks later of the GM and knew I had to have it and went to LV the next day and got it!

For me, it's the Siracusa. I decided I needed a more comfortable bag. I figured the totally would work but it actually was uncomfortable to me and the Siracusa GM was perfect.

And then the brea mm - thought I wanted Mirabeau but brea EE noir strap was perfect for me and worked better as a handheld. I would not pass on Mirabeau in epi electric prune if it fell out of the sky but otherwise, it's off my radar.

The Delightful MM in Mono. I mostly have more dressy stand out bags in Vernis, Python, or Antheia, but I finally decided I needed to get a big Mono bag to tote around on trips and to the pool and stuff. Now I can't stop carying it. It is so darn comfortable, soft, light, big, and it just lays perfectly against my body under my arm! I never thought I would really like the traditional, becuase it was just too traditional, now I'm obcessed and want more I love it so much!!!

for me it was the eva... thought it was to small, bought it and took it back and then re-bought it again!! now i love it and bought all three prints :graucho:!!! the other was the raspail...thought it was to much like my NF GM, but it is not and i have been wearing it more than i thought i would!!

Surprised in a bad way - #1 - Mono Alma that I purchased in 1999 and sold shortly thereafter. For me, it was a very non-functional bag. #2 - Speedy 25 Azure, even though I owned a Speedy 25 Mono Canvas in 1998, this bag is just too small for the enormous amount of "stuff" I carry!! #3 - Beverly GM, pretty bag, holds a great deal, but the large brass fastener is heavy and tends to scratch easily.

Surprised in a good way - #1 - Cabas Mezzo, this bag is a WORKHORSE of a bag!!! Bought in 2004 and wouldn't part with it for anything!! #2 - Cabas Alto, I use it for a purse and a briefcase, when necessary....holds everything. #3 - my new Palermo GM. I didn't think it would be as versatile and an EASY bag to carry, but it is and is now on the "never, ever part with" list!!

Hi fellow Arizonian, actually the Alma. I've seen it in passing and was never attracted to the shape . But recently with all the reveals I see here I am liking it more and more. Especially the Vernis. The more I see them, mostly Amarante, the more I want one. I'm thinking the Alma BB would be great. :smile:
I'm in Arizona also :smile:

I really loved the look of the Roadster in Graphite, but when I saw it in store, I did not like it. The handles were awkward and the bag formed an odd shape when I held it. It's a great bag, but just different from what I expected. I did not buy it! I have wanted a Keepall since I was in 8th grade. I'm 20 now, and I own two. I'm not surprised by them, but they have met my expectations very nicely! Love them!