Which Louis Vuitton handbags age well?

forever.elise

Jan 7, 2014
I will be getting a new Louis for my college graduation, and I would like it to be one that is classic, a true Louis feel, and one that will age well. I already have a Speedy 35 and a Neo Neverfull, both in Monogram. I prefer the Mono, but I'm open to DE. Any suggestions? My main concern is with the monogram bags; I want the vachetta to age well; and I noticed on some models the bag looks better brand new, but after it starts to patina after a few years, it just doesn't look right. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I think the most classic lv's are speedy's and Alma's. I have a 14 year old mono which still looks great. Just be careful with the vachetta initially as once the patina sets in, it won't change and after a few years it's pretty much waterproof. Or perhaps a de or epi alma, the epi is very elegant and timeless.

For me my black epi madeleine still looks great and I've had it for almost 3 years and used it a lot of times even when raining... Next would be the de saleya which I used more than the epi, the canvas is still beautiful and the only sign that its 'old' is the faded/tarnished zipper pull...
So I guess the epi and de ages well as long as there are minimal hardware to tarnish :smile:

These are great suggestions everyone. I know the Epi line is so elegant, but I still prefer the mono line...

Here's kind of what I'm getting at:
I love the Tivoli GM when it's brand new, but I'm not sure if it looks great after the patina changes... I know some bags look great after a patina, and others don't. I know this is an issue with the mono line, that's why I wanted to see what members thought.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I really think the artsy ages well as the only vachetta is on the handle and I think as it gets darker it compliments the bag. I have a mono and azur artsy and love them both.

I've actually been pondering the same thing because I'm going to be making my first boutique purchase in the near future. I'm deciding between getting the new Cerises Emp Speedy (aka possible HG...need to see in person first) or get a mono Noe BB + Delightful MM.

I've been in love with and lusting after the mono Noe BB for months now, but I think I may prefer it with little to no patina. I haven't seen any aged ones, but when I look at vintage large Noes that have the similar vachetta bottom, I don't know how I feel about it. As for the Delightful MM, I don't like how the vachetta trim at the opening always seems to get really crinkly and sometimes the strap does too. I love hobo style, don't have enough of them though.

Speedy ages pretty nicely, but you already have one. I personally don't think the Tivoli ages all that well. If treated right, I think the Petit Noe ages really nicely (especially in comparison to large Noe and Noe BB since the bottom is different).

Epi ages very well, but unfortunately you don't like it. Epi is durable and not sensible.

The newer Canvas bags (last 8-10 years) don't age well because the quality isn't good like years ago. It's very thin.

Maybe a shoulder bag like the Noe ages better then other Mono bags.