Which Louis Vuitton before retiring??

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
Okay ladies I have come to realize that there are so many wonderful designers out there that i have not even begun to tap the market. I am going to concentrate on buying new designer bags and leaving LV alone for a long long while. But FIRST I want to make my last LV purchase.

Which one would you chose. I narrowed it down to two classic styles that have been around for a long time because i figure I'll only carry this bag one or two months out of the year total (bag rotation) and I want to get a timeless style. Since my bags are always on rotation I plan to use it for work, shopping or whatever I feel like that day. I need it to be versatile :P

I just spent a lot of $$ on a couple of Fiore bags so I probably will wait and make this a Christmas present to myself but just wanted to get yalls opinions early. The Babylone (1st pic) or Sac Plat (2nd pic)

p10234687_ph_hero.jpg
M51140_large.jpg

I like the first, my mom got me a sac plat and I made her take it back and get something else lol. Just not my style I suppose. Also, I don't think it looks that good carried, kind of an odd shape. The other bag looks more practical.

I think the Sac has a very awkward shape - for such a long bag it has such tiny handles - I would definitely go with the Babylone, the long straps makes it much easier to take shopping.

Definately the Babylone, however, are you sure you want to pick a bag on the larger side? Large bags are "in" this season, but may be out in the next. You may want to choose a smaller bag that will be a little more versitile.

But hey, its your money, and if you're going to go for one last Louis, might as well make it one that you love. ;)

ayla said:
Definately the Babylone, however, are you sure you want to pick a bag on the larger side? Large bags are "in" this season, but may be out in the next. You may want to choose a smaller bag that will be a little more versitile.

But hey, its your money, and if you're going to go for one last Louis, might as well make it one that you love. ;)

I definitly want a larger bag. I have been wanting a babylone for the past couple of years, i just started thinking about the sac plat. i dont think the babylone will ever go out of style.

Oh, I love the Babylone! When are they retiring? I think that I need to make my this first LV purchase! thanks for showing me a bag that is perfect for me! I think it would make the perfect Christmas gift too!

Inky Paws said:
Oh, I love the Babylone! When are they retiring? I think that I need to make my this first LV purchase! thanks for showing me a bag that is perfect for me! I think it would make the perfect Christmas gift too!

Don't worry. LV is not retiring. I'm just looking to make my last LV purchase before I retire the brand and focus on other designers. I've decided that it should definitly be a Babylone!!!! :biggrin:

I vote for the Babylone- I have always loved it! I know what you mean about slowing down with the LVs and tapping into other designers. LV has been my fav until I discovered this forum. I've been on here a week and I already have a white Furla Farrah and black Kooba Sienna on the way, I am on the wait list for the Chloe Edith and Gerard Darel Charlotte, and have talked to a SA at Balenciaga and am trying to decide between a City or a Purse in ink........Somebody stop me!!!!! :nuts: I have a feeling I will be educating myself on the art of ebay selling to help fund my ever growing addiction !

Babylone for sure-I held the sac plat for about 1/2 minute and did not like the handles-not comfy for a shopper like me! But choose what you love instinctively..your best bet.

UPDATE:

OMG-----THAT IS TOOO FUNNY!!!

I just dug this out ....its an old thread of mine from over a YEAR ago......saying that I was going to take a break from LV and retire for a while. :roflmfao:

I'm sure my intentions were good but that's funny. LOL. Never happened. I'm still going strong :roflmfao: :roflmfao: