Which looks better on me: Carnelian, blue agate, or onyx?

beansbeans

O.G.
Sep 14, 2007
Hello - Here are some photos of my blue agate in different lighting. What is your opinion on the color? It's quite the chameleon as it looks different depending on the lighting. I also included some photos of it being worn next to onyx and carnelian. I go back and forth about maaaybe exchanging it for the carnelian 10 or the onyx 10. I mostly wear neutral tones: black, grey, white, beige, green. Budget-wise, I can only have one for now.

Would love to hear your opinions on whether to exchange for carnelian or onyx :smile:

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.32.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.24.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.30.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.27.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.29.24 AM.png

Hello - Here are some photos of my blue agate in different lighting. What is your opinion on the color? It's quite the chameleon as it looks different depending on the lighting. I also included some photos of it being worn next to onyx and carnelian. I go back and forth about maaaybe exchanging it for the carnelian 10 or the onyx 10. I mostly wear neutral tones: black, grey, white, beige, green. Budget-wise, I can only have one for now.

Would love to hear your opinions on whether to exchange for carnelian or onyx :smile:

View attachment 4840859

View attachment 4840860

View attachment 4840861

View attachment 4840862

View attachment 4840863
Congrats and for sharing. Have you considered looking up the properties of these gems it might be an interesting factor in helping you seal the deal. In terms of practicality everyone would agree the onyx is fairly versatile and if you only budget for one it’s a great choice to get the most wear. If you have a collection of baubles then a stand out agate might be pleasing. Ultimately ask yourself is it practicality or joy driving this purchase and hopefully it’ll bring you closer to a conclusion. Would love to hear your final decision!

All are great colors and would look equally good. I know that I would wear the onyx the most of the three, so I will likely only get blue agate in the bracelet. I think you'd have to decide which color would get the most wear.

Reactions: beansbeans
What color are your eyes? What colors do you wear most? what color feels right?

Having just made this decision for a bracelet (I went with agate, which was my first choice), I know that it is a hard choice.

Here are my thoughts in no particular order:

1) Red is lovely but kind of works for a "pop" of color sometimes and not a whole big necklace. But, it looks beautiful with your skin.

2) I'm finding the Agate to be a surprisingly easy neutral (which I also found with my Tiger's Eye bracelet).

3) I like the lighter weight of the Agate (mostly because heavy necklaces bug me)

4) If you have darker eyes, the black might be stunning. If you have blue eyes, the blue might be stunning.

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you decide!