Which Look Do You Prefer?

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
Right now I have three diamond pendants in various sizes; a 1ct, .50ct and .25ct.
I realized I generally only wear two of them, so I'd like to take the third (.25ct) and add diamonds at either 2.5" or 3" intervals and make it a DBTY.

My question is which look do you prefer- The Giada or Elsa? If I went with the shoter Giada version, It would be layered between the 1ct and .50ct.
If I decided on the longer Peretti version I would make it longer, at 20".

I love both looks but am having a tough time deciding. Also, you do you think that .25ct stones are too large for this? Maybe I should just keep it as a solitare and have 10 pointers done instead?

Here's a few pics. First two are my pendants and me wearing them, the last two are Giada and Elsa Peretti

3 pendants 1.jpg all 3 .jpg Giada.jpg EP DBTY.jpg

I don't think the size is too large at all for a DBTY. Both looks are timeless. The messiness of them twinkling at your neck makes it beautiful. If I had to choose one photo, I'd say Elsa. But really, any of the looks is gorgeous.

Reactions: BPC
BPC, while I think all of these photos are pretty, I like the version in the second photo (your modeling photo) the best. Your necklaces are gorgeous and look great worn together.

While the .25ct is larger than most station diamond necklaces that I am familiar with; I think that the additional size would look great.

The length comes down to personal preference and what length you find most comfortable. My only recommendation is that if you plan on wearing your station necklace with your pendant necklaces, it would probably be best to have it made a different length than the pendant necklaces so that each necklace has maximum visibility.

@Miss Happy
Thank you
The pic of me wearing them is old. I had the chain on the half carat extended half an inch.

Here's another pic to throw into the mix. This one is very interesting, I'm really liking the different shapes and how some are connected. I was thinking of using a couple of emeralds, pears, a few loose half carats I have as well as the .25ct and having the them set at different intervals - Between 2 and 3.5".

Thoughts?
dbty+necklace.jpg dbty+necklace.jpg

Reactions: Miss Happy
I have a necklace with multiple shapes that I love. Just know that any dbty necklace will flip so the diamonds don’t always face up(I.e, the culet sometimes faces up). It doesn’t bother me but just wanted you to be aware.
IMG_1507861825.490849.jpg

I have a necklace with multiple shapes that I love. Just know that any dbty necklace will flip so the diamonds don’t always face up(I.e, the culet sometimes faces up). It doesn’t bother me but just wanted you to be aware.
View attachment 3850834

YES, I think I'm going to do something similar to your beautiful dbty.

Yeah, I know they flip, and that's fine. My only fear is the culet bothering me. I've tried them on in Tiffs and it's left red marks so I'm trying to figure out a way around it. I know people say they get used to them, and when I tried on my mom's I was fine too. I'm thinking maybe it's the size of the stones.

BPC, your idea of mixing different size and shape diamonds on a necklace with different spacing is excellent. It is a one-of-a-kind twist on a classic style.

You might enjoy looking up De Beers' Swan Lake collection. I would describe it as high jewelry diamonds-by-the-inch pieces that appear to be fabulous. While the collection is more formal than what you are considering, it showcases different diamond shapes and sizes together. I also really like the way the diamonds in the collection are set. Their setting showcases the stones instead of the metal. The Swan Lake collection might be good for some ideas.