Which long strap for Sunset Blvd

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a Sunset Blvd in August and haven't used it once! :shocked:
    I mainly carry bags over the shoulder and the small strap would put it right under my arm... Eeek on the skin print on the clutch! That's why I haven't carried it. Last week, I went into an LV store to price a special order long strap and they told me it would be $275. It would look like the one for Bel Air on UK site but in Rouge Fauviste. (so longer gold chain part)

Given the price, I am now considering getting an Eva clutch in Azur or Monogram and use that long strap instead. ($550) What does everyone think? What would you do instead?

2. #2 Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    I love the bel air strap on the SB. :smile: I think it is better to match the color of the bag. Here are a couple of pics. #1 is the bag with the long strap, #2 is the bag with the normal strap, #3 is the bag with a plain vachetta strap that i've had for quite a while. I don't have an eva, but i think the vachetta strap is probably similar to it based on the pics i'm seeing online. I hung the bag in the same spot on the same door, so hopefully seeing the same door will give you a pretty good idea. Hope that helps!

Attached Files:

3. Hate to say it, but the first strap looks really good if you want more length.

4. Thank you so much for the pictures. The first one is gorgeous!! :smile:

5. No problem. The first strap is really pricey, but it looks great on the bag. :smile:. It is nice to have the option of the long strap.

6. The first pic looks the best.

7. I like the 1st picture. It looks very pretty and classy.

8. I think you should go for the special strap for the SB as it looks good with a chain strap....if you use other straps they might ruin the look of the SB.

9. Well that first pic has pretty much sold me on what I want for my next bag hehe. It looks so fantastic with the first strap!!!!

10. Thanks, Ladies! :smile: I have the same feeling as well. The picture pretty much sold me on it!.

11. The fist one looks great! Now I want a bel air strap for mine...

12. I carry mine as a clutch but if I were to put a strap on it, I would also go for the first option :smile:

13. If you don't want to use the original strap, go with option 1. I think it maintains the bag's appeal, but with more length.