which leather takes the color "GOLD" better?

hloverc

May 26, 2013
I have a long lust for a gold Birkin. Now my friend is willing to give out her used one in swift leather with PHW, and the best part, with a reasonable price. Should I forget about my dream togo+GHW combo and take this one instead?
I am worried if swift takes the gold color differently than togo does and does the hardware color make a huge difference?
I really adore the natural barenia color and wonder if gold on swift resembles it?
Thank you:salute:

That's actually my perfect bag (if I can't find barenia which is what I'm truly holding out for). I would snatch it up or if you don't want it, send it my way. I'm happy to take it off her hands :smile:

I think Togo, Fjord, and Clemence all look beautiful in gold but I haven't seen it in Swift. If you love your friend's bag go for it!
I also personally love gold leather with PHW - that's what my Clemence B is and while I hate what the corners do (thanks Clemence), it's a BEAUTIFUL combination otherwise.

I have a gold b in togo with PHW. I love the white contrast stitching, so for me, PHW suits me better than GHW. Both hardwares are gorgeous, just depends on which you like the best.

gold in swift is divine...rich and creamy dark caramel...i love swift and how colours look on swift. just more vibrant and rich and luxe compared to the grained leathers.

I think the leather part of your question is only one part... Soooo Swift is gorgeous! But do you want to worry about scratches/blemishes? No worries with Togo.

The hw portion is another part. IMO ghw is the best. But this is all personal preference. My dream birkin was my first birkin, gold Togo ghw. I would Never settle. Ghw SINGS to me. Does phw sing to you? You will be staring, smelling, cuddling, wearing, loving this bag of yours for years... Get what you LOVE.... Not just a good deal.