Which leather is more durable?

donutdonut

Dec 5, 2008
Hi guys, I'm new to Hermes so I kinda need some advice about choosing leather for my first Kelly:yahoo:. Which leather is more durable and popular? I personally like epsom leather but I think that it's easy to get dirt on? Thank you!

allanrvj

stan
O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
EU
Hi guys, I'm new to Hermes so I kinda need some advice about choosing leather for my first Kelly:yahoo:. Which leather is more durable and popular? I personally like epsom leather but I think that it's easy to get dirt on? Thank you!
I don't think so. I got salt stains in my epsom bag and it came off when I used a wet towel.

Danzare

Dec 11, 2009
Italy

golconda

O.G.
Sep 14, 2006
Hi Donutdonut,
You cannot go wrong with box leather for a Kelly.
You will see vintage box leather Kelly bags 50 years old that still look great.

Alegory

O.G.
Apr 13, 2007
I love togo!
It is very durable and can look great especially after some time I own Togo and it is a bit heavy but I had house paint fall on it and it cleaned up very well so it is my fave!

Lyanna Stark

Out of Control
O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
All leathers are durable. With proper care, they can last for decades.

Do you mean you want one which can withstand hard knocks? If so, go for the normal togo/clemence.

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
For something durable that can take any type of weather, can be knocked around without much issue and be that every-day/take it no matter what/no worries about scratching/spotting/grab it and go, etc.....I would suggest the following: Togo, Clemence, Swift, Epsom. I've never seen a Kelly in Fjord.

Ranag

Light Years Away
Jan 4, 2006
I have Kelly's in Epsom, Clemence, and Togo, and they all wear very well.

I have noticed that it is sometimes harder for me to remove dirt smudges from Epsom than it is on my Togo and Clemence (strange, huh?)

Best of luck with whatever you choose! :smile: