Which leather for mini Peekaboo

Kmora

Mar 10, 2016
I have for the longest time wanted a Fendi Peekaboo. Haven’t been sure about which size to choose and also prioritized other bags. And then the Defender cover happended. I got obsessed but it was impossible to find (we don’t even have any Fendi store in Sweden..).

SO now I might have browsed the Fendi webpage, and I might have found the Defender mini ”cover” in stock (1 piece left!!). And I might have bought the defender before I even own a bag to use with it haha.

The upside is that I have obviously decided which size I want and the downside is that I now really have to use quite a lot of money to buy the bag haha.

Which takes me to the question - which leather is best for the mini?
I really like the slouchy look for a Peekaboo and therefore nappa has crossed my mind. But I have had some bag experience with lamb leather lately and I want my bag to last (and be durable if that is possible).

b494bf25cc113e3021ba791efc135441.jpg

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
I have for the longest time wanted a Fendi Peekaboo. Haven’t been sure about which size to choose and also prioritized other bags. And then the Defender cover happended. I got obsessed but it was impossible to find (we don’t even have any Fendi store in Sweden..).

SO now I might have browsed the Fendi webpage, and I might have found the Defender mini ”cover” in stock (1 piece left!!). And I might have bought the defender before I even own a bag to use with it haha.

The upside is that I have obviously decided which size I want and the downside is that I now really have to use quite a lot of money to buy the bag haha.

Which takes me to the question - which leather is best for the mini?
I really like the slouchy look for a Peekaboo and therefore nappa has crossed my mind. But I have had some bag experience with lamb leather lately and I want my bag to last (and be durable if that is possible).

b494bf25cc113e3021ba791efc135441.jpg
Selleria for sure!!! One of the best leathers around. Very durable and also soft and pliable.

Kmora

Mar 10, 2016
Selleria for sure!!! One of the best leathers around. Very durable and also soft and pliable.

Thank you for the input. I went through the webpage and fell for these - the grey is selleria och the black is lamb. To be honest I do like the lamb look more BUT durablility is one very important factor for me. So I guess it will be the grey one :biggrin:

409dcbe4ba44b77d610fc17cb5598a52.jpg

Kellybuzzbuzz

Oct 9, 2014
I have the peekaboo regular sized selleria in the gray. I love it and it's a beautiful. I can't even compare the two because selleria leather is exceptional. The smooth leather is pretty but I'm not sure I could choose smooth over the selleria leather. I'd love to do a custom mini one.

My recommendation is to look at resale websites with both and see which look better with a bit wear and tear to you. That's how I made my final decision.

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Thank you for the input. I went through the webpage and fell for these - the grey is selleria och the black is lamb. To be honest I do like the lamb look more BUT durablility is one very important factor for me. So I guess it will be the grey one :biggrin:

409dcbe4ba44b77d610fc17cb5598a52.jpg
I actually like the look of the Selleria more. The hand-stitching is quite luxurious.

BlueCherry

Jan 29, 2015
I had the same dilemma and I opted for the lambskin. I did like the selleria but loved the feel of the lambskin and I also think it makes the peekaboo look more feminine. If I was to go for medium size for a work bag I may choose selleria but for a mini size /handbag I would choose lambskin every time. I’ve had no issues with the leather except the tiniest bit of wear to the corners that I should have sprayed with carbon pro from new but didn’t.

Reactions: Kmora

Kmora

Mar 10, 2016
Same problem with me which leather to choose. I like look of lamb skin but search for durability. What did you buy ?

Hello,

I ended up buying a pre-loved mini Peekaboo (like new condition) in lambskin. Had it authenticated here and I can see if I find my post, it was some years ago now :lol:

I am ashamed to say I haven’t used it yet. The bag in lambskin is a little bit too ”dressy” or styled up for me. I knew this before I bought it and my thought was to use it for nice events and dinners while wearing dresses. But the pandemic has reduced these occations a lot. The few events/dinners/weddings I have been to has called for other bags.

However, I don’t regret buying it. I have so many bags and I know that I will wear it enough eventually. It is such a timeless style so I am not afraid of it feeling out of style.

Reactions: Nonna1982