Which leather conditioner???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. After reading about another forum member's horror story with leather cleaner/conditioner, it brought to mind that I need to buy a reputable (emphasis on reputable) leather conditioner/cleaner for my MJs. Believe it or not, I do not own conditioner and have never used it on my bags. I really need to. Which is the best? Is Apple better than a brand I can buy at Target or a local leather store?

2. I use Apple and I love it. But I know some other MJ girls have used Cadillac which is available at Nordstrom.

3. Roro, go with Apple or Kiwi. Both brands are trusted here:tup:. You can find Kiwi at Target and I order Apple online. I also found the luvinmybags.com site very informative. They talk a lot about PH and the importance of all natural products.:flowers:
    Don't be nervous;)

4. Spacey - Kiwi as in the shoe polish Kiwi? Btw, I used the shoe polish in the corners of my Carter Jr. and it is amazing!

Sorry to hijack your thread roro.

5. just dont use reallyyyy old leather conditioner. lol. i think that was the only problem.

6. i :heart: apple!

7. OMG....I am sorry that your misfortune reminded me that I need to condition my bags. I really have been thinking about it. With all the bags I own and the $$$ that are spent, I really need to take better care of them. I am going to order some Apple and I will also check out the Cadillac at Nordstrom. It will give me an excuse to go there tomorrow!

8. by the way, reeeal sensitive of you to make this thread. i feel so much better about my "horror story". :crybaby:

9. Roro--check online for coupon codes for apple. You can almost always get 20% off.

10. I really am sorry! The thought of your new bag being damaged right after you bought it is awful. I still think that you may be able to have it repaired at a reputable leather repair or shoe repair. Reputable is the key word and one that is familiar with working on nice handbags. Also, Nordstrom usually has a local repair shop that they work with. If you have one by you, you may be able to have them send it out for you.

11. Actually, I believe the leather used in upholstery is generally different than the leather used to make the MbMJ bags. I think as long as you use gentile products made specifically for fine leather garments(bags, shoes, coats) you should be ok.

12. I know! Its like magic!
    And yes, Kiwi makes some other products apart from the polish. I don't think every store carries them though.

13. i learned my lesson, but on my 1st ever mbmj bag. :sad:

14. It seems like most people use Apple products, but I'm a hands-down Cadillac fan. I've used it on everything - light MbMJs, dark MbMJs, light MJs, dark MJs, and my sensitive Carter Jr. and BB Bag. It works perfectly, and though it sometimes takes some color, it's only a tiny bit and it's not like it's noticeable on the bag. :P

15. I think most MJ'ers swear by Apple. I should get some too and condition, especially during hte cold harsh winter times...