Which leather conditioner do YOU use?

What leather conditioner do you like best? You can choose more than one.

• Apple Leather Care

• Coach Leather Conditioner

• Leather Honey

• Lexol

• Chamberlain's Leather Milk

• A brand not mentioned above

• None - I don't condition my bags

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspin22

Hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Mar 1, 2013
My bottle of Apple Leather Care is almost empty, and before I order more, I wanted everyone's opinions and experience with the leather conditioner they use. I'm happy with Apple but it's the only one I've used, so I have no comparison. I'm not looking for a cleaner or waterproofing product - just a conditioner. Go!

It depends on the type of leather I'm using it on.

My favorite is Blackrocks. It does add some waterproofing, but it hides blemishes and makes everything look better. I used it on my sunflower duffle to add a layer of protection against color transfer. I use it on pebbled leather to give it a sheen. I use it on every rehab.

For dry leather that isn't too pebbled, I use Leather CPR before Blackrocks.

For very dry leather, I use Leather Honey.

I have Lexol, which is comparable to Apple, but I don't use it much. Most of my new bags don't get conditioned. They don't seem to need it. It is hot and dry here too, not as much as Phoenix, but my bags live in an air-conditioned environment.

I also have Obenaufs. I haven't quite figured out what it exactly does, but in combination with everything else, it seems to add something. I used it on my Archival Rambler to reduce the shininess of the leather.

I also have Bick 4. I think that might be a good replacement for Apple. Another conditioner that gets rave reviews is Cadillac. I'll probably try it someday.

I wouldn't recommend Coach Leather conditioner, or any conditioner that has silicone.

I have been using Meltonian since the 70's. There are the colored cremes that help to hide blemishes, and there is the clear. I mostly use the clear which diminishes scuffs and scrapes on the leather.

I love Leather CPR. I get it from Marshall's or TJ Maxx and use it on my leather furniture, too.

I use Apple and I have Tumi Leather Conditioner and Cole Haan Cleaner/Conditioner. I'm forever experimenting but I like Leather CPR and Cole Haan the best.

I favor Blackrocks for heavier leather or light weight leather if it feels really dry . For lighter weight leather that doesn't feel real dry, I use Apple. I love Apple's leather cleaner too.

I love Leather CPR. I get it from Marshall's or TJ Maxx and use it on my leather furniture, too.

I use Apple and I have Tumi Leather Conditioner and Cole Haan Cleaner/Conditioner. I'm forever experimenting but I like Leather CPR and Cole Haan the best.

I use Apple Conditioner but always looking for something new!! Where is Leather CPR located in the store at Marshalls and TJ Maxx? Plus is it cheap?

Thanks!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I use Apple Conditioner but always looking for something new!! Where is Leather CPR located in the store at Marshalls and TJ Maxx? Plus is it cheap?

Thanks!!

Lynne :biggrin:
It's like $7 for the large size at Marshalls, but they don't always have it. It's near the kitchen stuff where they have other products like granite cleaner. I've never looked for it at TJ Maxx but I would imagine it would be in a similar location. Sometimes they have it Tuesday Morning. You can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond but it will cost double. I've also seen it at tack shops in a different kind of bottle.

It is thicker than other conditioners. You let it soak in for 15 minutes or so, then wipe off the excess, then repeat if necessary in a day or so. Unlike something like Blackrocks, you don't have to worry about using too much.

I usually use Leather Honey on Coach handbags, I put it on with my hands. Pretty sticky when I finish, but I feel like it gets rubbed in much better by hand. On my Linea Pelle bags, which are very soft leather, I use European Leather Conditioner. I want to try Blackrocks that people keep mentioning. Is it good for thick Coach leather such as the Legacy line?

I usually use Leather Honey on Coach handbags, I put it on with my hands. Pretty sticky when I finish, but I feel like it gets rubbed in much better by hand. On my Linea Pelle bags, which are very soft leather, I use European Leather Conditioner. I want to try Blackrocks that people keep mentioning. Is it good for thick Coach leather such as the Legacy line?
Yes Blackrocks is good for Legacy. Do you mean 2006 Legacy or 2012 Legacy? I used it on my 2012 sunflower duffle to add a layer of protection because it is a light color. I figure it might also protect the corners from wear. Leather Honey is fantastic for 2006 Legacy but a finishing coat of Blackrocks might make it even better. Both products tend to darken leather but Blackrocks didn't darken my duffle. I think the way they process the leather on newer bags, conditioners don't really soak in like they do on older bags.

Yes Blackrocks is good for Legacy. Do you mean 2006 Legacy or 2012 Legacy? I used it on my 2012 sunflower duffle to add a layer of protection because it is a light color. I figure it might also protect the corners from wear. Leather Honey is fantastic for 2006 Legacy but a finishing coat of Blackrocks might make it even better. Both products tend to darken leather but Blackrocks didn't darken my duffle. I think the way they process the leather on newer bags, conditioners don't really soak in like they do on older bags.
It's a 2012 leather duffle. That's great information, thanks! I think I will order some Blackrocks and give it a try. Do you use a cloth or sponge to rub it in? I have these terrycloth covered sponges that I usually use.

It's a 2012 leather duffle. That's great information, thanks! I think I will order some Blackrocks and give it a try. Do you use a cloth or sponge to rub it in? I have these terrycloth covered sponges that I usually use.
I use a sponge for Leather CPR and a foam paint brush for Leather Honey. For Blackrocks I just use my fingers. You only use a very small amount. Then you use a paper towel to work it in and spread it out. If you use too much, it becomes sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.