Which kind of leather is the lightest for a birkin?

thx for the info; hmm so sounds like it's hard to get the whole picture lol typical! which do u prefer on a Birkin 30? thx

Ooooh that’s tough. Depends on the color and use of the bag. For bright colors, I’d choose Epsom. For neutrals, I’d go for togo. If I’m using it as a daily bag, I’d choose togo because it can be revived by Hermès spa to look brand new most of the time. I’ve heard contrasting opinions on how epsom spas in terms of how easy it can look brand new again. Either way, they’re both great leathers!

Mel in Melbourne did a great video comparing her Kelly 25 vs. 28 in Sellier and Retourne. She also put each of her bags on a scale, so you could really see the differences in weight of the leathers. I know the OP asked about Birkins, but IMO, this video could also be a helpful resource for Hermes leathers in general.

Reactions: Hermes Zen
Ooooh that’s tough. Depends on the color and use of the bag. For bright colors, I’d choose Epsom. For neutrals, I’d go for togo. If I’m using it as a daily bag, I’d choose togo because it can be revived by Hermès spa to look brand new most of the time. I’ve heard contrasting opinions on how epsom spas in terms of how easy it can look brand new again. Either way, they’re both great leathers!
such great info thank u! I'm debating b/w gold or Etoupe so sounds like Togo is better for those colors right? do u like either of those colors? one more neutral than the other? I'm thinking if I go with gold, gold hd would be best? thx so much for your help as I'm clearly a newbie here (more of a chanel, not hand held bag girl ha)

Reactions: hermesgeek
such great info thank u! I'm debating b/w gold or Etoupe so sounds like Togo is better for those colors right? do u like either of those colors? one more neutral than the other? I'm thinking if I go with gold, gold hd would be best? thx so much for your help as I'm clearly a newbie here (more of a chanel, not hand held bag girl ha)

No problem! Don’t forget to share your bag here with us once you get it. Both etoupe and gold are beautiful and I don’t think I favor one more than the other. Those two colors look better in Togo for my taste just because I love my neutrals in more supple leather. Maybe just try to decide on what color goes with your wardrobe better. As for the hardware, I love PHW on etoupe and both PHW and GHW for gold. What’s your accessories and jewelry more like? That’s a big factor for me while deciding on hardware.

Reactions: Sharifshopping
thx so much; will do! I wear both silver & gold jewelry; maybe silver a bit more.

hmmmm.. personal choice, for etoupe I’d choose PHW. For gold, I’d go for GHW. I saw on the other thread you’re eyeing a gold togo? I’d vote GHW given a choice haha it’s easier on the eyes to have ghw on a bag with silver/white gold/platinum jewelry or accessories Other than gold jewelry Or accessories with a silver hardware bag.