Which is your favorite Dooney to travel with?

gdegel

Jan 12, 2016
In terms of functionality and of course style! Which Dooney works best for you and why?

I only own three so far: The medium florentine satchel, the Smith bag, and small crossbody florentine.

The Smith I love because of the outer pockets, but need a long strap for running through the airport.

The medium satchel will work because of having the shoulder strap, but lacks the outer pocket convenience. I used to own the Clayton. It hit all of the checkpoints, but dang! It was heavy!! So I sold it.

So which bag works best for you guys?

gde: for travel and everyday usability I like pebbled leather, something with outside pockets, wide base so it holds a lot, but not too heavy. The domed satchel fits the best, but no outside pocket. The older pebbled leather satchel with 2 outside zip pockets is the best for all around use.

Thank you for that suggestion. I'm thinking about looking on eBay for an inexpensive Dooney. One that I wouldn't mind if it got roughed up a bit. I can tell that the pebbled really will be more durable!

gde: I prefer leather handbags, but for travel you might also consider a Dooney nylon handbag if you find a style that would work for you. In a dark color, like black, it can look very nice and it would be much lighter for travel. Dooney nylon is very durable. You might also be able to get one at the outlet or at ILD on a good sale.

I had a Dooney Carry All but it's years old. I recently started using my "un-used" 1975 Vanessa in White and she's prefect for a weekend trip. No outside pockets but she has a large mouth. I sometimes leave it cracked/half zipped to be able to quickly reach in but it's still pretty secure.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1453872520.707821.jpg

This is a great question. I am getting ready to travel for a long weekend trip. Do you know that this subject has been on my mind for weeks?! What bag should I bring? I am leaning toward my Seville Callie hobo because it's comfortable, weather proof, holds a lot or a little, and has outside pockets. I'm also thinking of my large nylon double pocket satchel because of the same reasons, but also has the crossbody option. What to do...what to do. Why is this so hard? My clothes have been packed for two days already. Lol!

2boys: I think because we have so many handbag choices it makes it harder. There are some days I go thru 3 or 4 handbags until I find the one that looks right with my outfit. I have a rainbow of choices and a multitude of styles, and sometimes nothing seems to work.

That's why I kind of like my small collection of three. It helps narrow the field a tad quicker.
TWOBOYZ: I have ALWAYS loved the Callie! I almost bought one, but I am so anal about having a long , shoulder strap! Especially when in an airport, bc no matter what, you always end up running late, and a crossbody option almost becomes non-optional! For me anyways. I tend to be clutsy, so gotta keep my hands free!