Which is the closest red to Rouille?

Minda

O.G.
Sep 24, 2007
My perfect shade of red is Rouille.....

Is Sanguine close enough to Rouille?

I already have Ruby which is a classic red, so I am looking for an offbeat shade of red but not Pourpre or Sang.

I wouldn't say Sanguine is close to Rouille. Sanguine has a brown undertone.

If Rouille is what you're really looking for then keep looking - one will show up :smile:

^ I agree, S/S '09 Sanguine is more brown based than Rouille. Rouille is a nice rust red or orangish-red color that's not too bright and not too light.

The closest color to S/S '06 Rouille is F/W '07 Paprika...they are nearly identical, IMO.

I have a couple pictures that shows just how different these reds are compared to one another along with a more true red as well.

F/W '07 Tomato City vs. S/S '06 Rouille First vs. S/S '09 Sanguine Work:
tomato_rouille_sanguine.jpg

tomato_rouille_sanguine_cu.jpg

If you like the orange tones in the Rouille color, you might like S/S '09 Mandarin...it's definitely more orange, but has lots of red undertones:
09_mandarin_vs_06_rouille.jpg

However, due to color variation from dye batches, some Mandarin items are decidedly more orange and don't show the deeper red tones like that Courier in the previous pic, here's another comparison pic:
ruby_tomato_rouille_mandarin.jpg

Good luck finding the exact color bag you want!

There is one Rouille City on evilbay now x

And BTW, Sanguine is not anything close to Rouille IMO. I would rather say that Mandarin is pretty close, like RealDeal mentions (great comparison shots!!). I have a Rouille City and a Mandarin MU, and IMHO I think Rouille is much prettier!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi RealDealCollection, fantastic piece of work! Thank you for taking the time to reply and share your expertise with me. I appreciate it so much.

Thank you to everyone too who chimed in. TPF is the best resource in town.

Corey, how cute is that braid on the First in your fabulous comparison shots: I am going to braid my tassels, so they are thicker, last longer, and just look really nice!

If I recall correctly F/W 07 Paprika was a duplicate of the 06 Rouille :yes:

I think I have some comparo pics of Rouille and some reds, lemme see if I can dig them up. :tup: