which is more classic - alma epi, vernis or damier?

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
so, I am quite happy with my small collection of LV but the last thing that is missing is the Alma. I am between nm or mm, mainly bec I like big bags but think this might be uncomfy on the arm all the time.

I like long lasting bags and now want to decide which one is the best:

damier ebene, black epi or a vernis? which one would you get?

also, I am worried the epi might be sensitive (although I heard it wears like iron), and the vernis is fad and that I won't like a couple of years down the road. do you think it has staying power?

classic: epi>damier>vernis

durable: damier>epi>vernis

that said, I personally would buy vernis>epi>damier
vernis is very durable, scratch-proof, and has more "wow" factor

I suggest you go to the LV store and try on the Almas and see which one will fit your lifestyle. I own Almas in all three materials. The Damier and Epi will last me forever. But for now, I use the Vernis more.

I have the Damier Alma NM and sometimes think about getting a Vernis one.

I like my Alma but I find it a bit small sometimes, I'm used to the daily use of a Neverfull and a Speedy, so I tend to carry lots. And when I pack it in with my things the bag gets kind of heavy. It's already kind of heavy when it's empty, definitely not lightweight like a speedy.

I didn't like the Alma MM in Vernis for me, it was just too big and heavy for a handheld for me. I'm looking at the regular Alma in electric epi now, that will be my first 2011 purchase :smile:. Good luck, I think the Alma is an awesome addition to any collection.

The epi Alma is more classic than the others and the leather is very durable. I have an Alma mm in vernis and I love it! Go try it on in store and see which one you like best.

Hi I have this bag in white MC and it is lovely but if I had my chance again I would go for the damier version this bag looks amazing in damier and the new one is a beauty with the feet on the bottom go and check it out!

Love Alma in vernis!! I've been wanting to add an Alma to my collection but did not really like mono or damier. I almost went for the epi until I learned that LV was releasing it in vernis (I wanted the pm size as mm is too big for me). Soooo happy when I got it and now it's one of my faves!