Which is heavier - Market Tote or Stud Devote?

Bibibabubi

Dreaming of RM bags
O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
Hi all, I recently bought a Market Tote in Deep Red. It's the older MT version with the faux side pockets and 2 rectangular metal loops in front.

While this bag makes its way to me, I am now lusting after a Stud Devote. Can any kind soul tell me which bag is heavier?

Because I'll probably carry the MT in hand, I don't think I'll mind the weight. But I have stiff shoulders that tend to get sore easily and bags tend to slide down on them, so should I still consider getting the SD?

I would say the stud devote is probably a tad heavier but not much. They are both on the heavier side in relation to the other styles. Having said that though, I love them both and personally don't mind carrying either but if you have a sensitive shoulder/ back than perhaps you should consider a lighter bag.

You can always try them out then decide!

There isn't any Stud Devotes in Singapore though I did try out the new Market Tote at one of the departmental stores. Thanks for your input... guess I'll wait for my MT, put stuff inside and consider whether I'm ok with that kind of weight on my shoulders!

I've never had the Market tote, but I know that my studded devote is heavier empty than my other bags when filled to the brim. In my opinion though, the devote has a great shoulder strap length and once you get used to it, it's no biggie.

I think the stud devote is a *tad* bit heavier, however it is also more comfortable to carry. The handles on the MT are about the same size as the MAB or mattie, so its not the most comfortable over the shoulder. The devote IMO you'd like more :yes:

Yes I love the look of the Stud Devote! It's so stylish and eye catching!

Well I'm hoping to get my MT next week and let's see after I load her up and carry. If I can't stand the weight on my arm / hand, I probably will have a hard time with the SD as well.