which is dressier?

i find distressed calf dressier than caviar, or maybe it is the look of the reissue which it is usually on. Feels very dressy. Caviar is the leather on my workhorse bags so i may be biased but i find it very casual

rania1981 said:
i find distressed calf dressier than caviar, or maybe it is the look of the reissue which it is usually on. Feels very dressy. Caviar is the leather on my workhorse bags so i may be biased but i find it very casual

Ditto!

I think it depends on the color, hardware color and size of the bag to determine if a bag is on the dressier side. I find my silver woc in calfskin and my dark white calf 226 in gold hardware to be my dressier Chanels. :smile:

I also think of my distressed calfskin reissues as dressier than my caviar classics.
Maybe it's the combination of the style of the chain and the leather that makes it feel dressier to me.

I think the sheen on the distressed calf makes it versatile so it can be dressy or casual. Caviar is very durable and lamb is luxurious but I find myself drawn to the distressed calfskin for both its durability and sense of luxury.