Which is better quality? The Neo Noe or the classic Noe?

mamakelly

May 28, 2013
I decided to sell some bags that aren't getting used and I'm now thinking of adding a new bag. I've wanted the classic Noe for a while and now the Neo Noe has grabbed my attention. My only question is the classic Noe seems to last forever and I'm wondering if the Neo is as well made? It's missing the leather trim around the top and the bottom. I get that it's a more carefree bag, but is it also more prone to canvas cracks on the top? Does anyone have any opinions on this? Thanks

Reactions: Namwan-
So hard to tell because the Neonoe is such a new piece. It's not out long enough to test the valid points you stated above (Late February release). The original Noe is a tested bag for durability, that's for sure! I'm sure LV would take care of you if there are any major issues like Canvas cracking, other defects, etc. It has already had minor alignment/strap issues, but nothing major like glazing or cracking, fingers crossed!

Reactions: Addicted to bags
My SA has both the Noe and the Neonoe in black for me to look at and choose from. I'm still not sure about which one. I like them both! I keep pouring over pictures of the Noe and I love how timeless and classic it is, but the cleanlines and worry-free-ness of the Neonoe is tempting too. Help! Does anyone have an opinion either way? Which would you choose?

My SA has both the Noe and the Neonoe in black for me to look at and choose from. I'm still not sure about which one. I like them both! I keep pouring over pictures of the Noe and I love how timeless and classic it is, but the cleanlines and worry-free-ness of the Neonoe is tempting too. Help! Does anyone have an opinion either way? Which would you choose?
I would go for the classic Noé.

I have the petite Noe and love it. I played with the idea of the Neonoe but in the end decided that the one Noe in my collection is good. I think what I love best about my petite Noe is the ring of vachetta around the bottom of the bag. I like the contrast.

Reactions: mamakelly
My sister bought classic noe from new in 1990 so it's about 27 years old. She sent me pic of hers when I was wondering what to buy as my 1st LV. It's only a handful of LV bags she has now. As she sold majority of her's. But it looks in amazing condition. She still uses it now and again. But the workmanship is incredible. I bet it takes twice as long to make a classic noe than the new neo noe. But I do like the new one too for the ease in functonality and its modern looking. But I also wonder about how long it will last hence I've held off buying one. 2017-06-08 15.39.32.jpg

Thanks! I'm leaning toward the classic Noé. I guess I'll know for sure once I compare the two. I still think the Noe seems made better than the Neonoe.
The petite Noe is a beautiful bag! It's definitely one of the classic LV bags that really does get even better with age! I had one many years ago and sold it because it wouldn't stay on my shoulder, and dare I say it's the only bag I've ever regretted selling. I will get another, likely this Summer. It will be the petite Noe. Also, not that this is a factor, but it is the bag that drew the most compliments whenever I carried it. It's very classic and chic, not to mention practical and functional. I had the older version of petite Noe with only the leather bottom. Good luck with your decision!

I had a petit noe for many, many years and loved it. I recently sold it because it was in rough, well used condition. I now have the neonoe and there is no comparison in how much more comfortable it is to carry. It sits much better against the body. Add in the center pocket and pop of color, and it will win every time for me. Good luck!

I had a petit noe for many, many years and loved it. I recently sold it because it was in rough, well used condition. I now have the neonoe and there is no comparison in how much more comfortable it is to carry. It sits much better against the body. Add in the center pocket and pop of color, and it will win every time for me. Good luck!
My SA told me that the petite noe has been discontinued! No more stock in any stores in the US.

The petite Noe is a beautiful bag! It's definitely one of the classic LV bags that really does get even better with age! I had one many years ago and sold it because it wouldn't stay on my shoulder, and dare I say it's the only bag I've ever regretted selling. I will get another, likely this Summer. It will be the petite Noe. Also, not that this is a factor, but it is the bag that drew the most compliments whenever I carried it. It's very classic and chic, not to mention practical and functional. I had the older version of petite Noe with only the leather bottom. Good luck with your decision!
My SA told me that the petite noe has been discontinued. If you want another one, I would get one now while you can

The classic Noe is a big bag.
I love big and I only carry a few items in there. I think you'd have to like big.
I have big and small bags...depends on the occasion for me. But I usually end up carrying everyone's stuff, so I'm not mad at a bigger bag. I like the proportions of the Noe vs the petite noe too.

So hard to tell because the Neonoe is such a new piece. It's not out long enough to test the valid points you stated above (Late February release). The original Noe is a tested bag for durability, that's for sure! I'm sure LV would take care of you if there are any major issues like Canvas cracking, other defects, etc. It has already had minor alignment/strap issues, but nothing major like glazing or cracking, fingers crossed!

Well, I am not so sure. The new neonoe has no parts which could be possibly replaced. I own 3 of the large Noe bags, all of them are around 20 years old and I replaced the bottom trim and drawstring bag on only one of them so far (if of course possible, for some colors they do not carry any replacements parts anymore). The new noenoe has no parts except the drawstring, so once the canvas get cracks and/or corner wear they cannot do anything about that, the bag, canvas is considered "retired". That is the massive and unfortunately cheap production these days about. Buy, use, get rid of it and buy again. They are not interested to do repairs, it is much profitable for LV to sell a new and expensive bag instead.