Which Is Better: Le Foulonne or 3D Wallet

Sep 2, 2013
Hi!

I’m debating between two wallets, both have the 3/4 zip closure.

I have a choice between the 3D one and the Le Foulonne one.

Which one do you find holds up babe best? I have one Le Foulonne card case, but I haven’t had it for long, so I don’t know how it wears. And I’ve never owned any of the 3D items.

I would appreciate your thoughts!

Thank you!

08618870-E4EB-4A62-9A20-432FE928CDD2.jpeg

87BE0709-AE76-4758-A4FC-32D38D8FA2FD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I think you can't go wrong with the Foulonne - wears like iron. I have a Foulonne Double Zip Coin Purse which I have used as a wallet for nearly 3 years now and no sign of wear. I don't think I have any 3D SLGs to compare against (never had reason to get another line for a wallet since my Fou is holding up so well :biggrin:)
Hi, SmokieDragon!

I was hoping you would see my post and share your always on-point insights. Thank you!

I’m excited to add some more Foulonne pieces to my SLG collection. Yay!

I own both. Both are very hardy. My initial perception of a 3D SLG is that it might not hold up to being rolled around in a bag but I was surprised it held up well. The only thing I might consider is that the leather of 3D leather will darken naturally and develop a patina so for a red, you may or may not be bothered by the patina. Foulonne leather though is so hardy that it makes me wonder whether it is an everlasting or "forever" leather. My mum uses her Foulonne wallet daily and there is no obvious wear to it. My Foulonne pieces still look like brand new. I own a Foulonne red key case which I use for cards frequently. The red wears well. Between these two gorgeous red wallets, I will choose Foulonne as I prefer the red leather to still look new. My own concern is whether I mind the darkened patina of the red 3D wallet as I might feel it looks worn but that is just me as I do know of ladies whom adore the worn in look. Hope this helps and pls do update us which one you purchased.

I own both. Both are very hardy. My initial perception of a 3D SLG is that it might not hold up to being rolled around in a bag but I was surprised it held up well. The only thing I might consider is that the leather of 3D leather will darken naturally and develop a patina so for a red, you may or may not be bothered by the patina. Foulonne leather though is so hardy that it makes me wonder whether it is an everlasting or "forever" leather. My mum uses her Foulonne wallet daily and there is no obvious wear to it. My Foulonne pieces still look like brand new. I own a Foulonne red key case which I use for cards frequently. The red wears well. Between these two gorgeous red wallets, I will choose Foulonne as I prefer the red leather to still look new. My own concern is whether I mind the darkened patina of the red 3D wallet as I might feel it looks worn but that is just me as I do know of ladies whom adore the worn in look. Hope this helps and pls do update us which one you purchased.
Thank you!
Yes, I will post an update as to which wallets I end up getting.

I’m not so sure how I feel about the potential patina on the 3D, but I don’t have any 3D items at all, so maybe SLGs is the way to try them out! Haha.

Thank you again! You’re always so helpful and kind, too. I really appreciate it! Take care and stay safe.

I don’t have any 3D items at all, so maybe SLGs is the way to try them out!
You are always welcome! Like you, I thought the only way is to try out the 3D SLG by getting one so I'm happy that the experience had been so positive. May I also add that the 3D leather is pliable and that each time I take my cards out from mine, it is a joy to feel the leather. I really do love the 3D pieces I own. A tad sad when I had to rehome my small 3D tote but it really was a tad too east west for my liking.

Attachments

• IMG_20191124_204823.jpg
    IMG_20191124_204823.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 5
You are always welcome! Like you, I thought the only way is to try out the 3D SLG by getting one so I'm happy that the experience had been so positive. May I also add that the 3D leather is pliable and that each time I take my cards out from mine, it is a joy to feel the leather. I really do love the 3D pieces I own. A tad sad when I had to rehome my small 3D tote but it really was a tad too east west for my liking.

That’s the other 3D wallet that I’m considering, too, I think! It’s a card holder, right? Like an accordion style? I like the size of it and the ability to store multiple cards. And I also like the 3/4 zip one that I posted at the top.

Your wallet looks great!
Thank you for sharing!

I can’t wait!

Reactions: frenziedhandbag