Which is better? BBag or LV?

Alexis168

Haters suck
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I'm usually hanging out at the LV Forum. But I've been lurking at the BBag Forum lately and found that I'm attracted to the colorful City Bags.

For those of you that own both LV and BBags, which do you like more and why?

That's a good question! Personally, I favor my BBags more than my LV bags or any other designer brand, because the leather is SO soft, lightweight, and just plain gorgeous. The range of colors every season is amazing, and the bags have a slight edge or artsy-ness to them. LV bags are more classic and neutral, so it's great that you can wear them with just about any outfit, but it's fun to have some diversity.

I usually wear my LV for rainy days, and my Bals for most other days! Bals have lovely , squishy leather and the design is perfect for my casual style.
LV's may be more durable in the long run.
How about some of each:smile:

I never bought LV bag because I love the leather which is soft and smooshy, and relaxed look of the bag. I mainly have Miu Mu and Bal with simiar leathers and YSL in soft, buttery leathers.

Bal leather is exceptional. The way it crack beautifully & aged gracefully makes it far different from other brands. Wide range of colors, styles, and leather type from Chevre to Agneau added a unique values. Bal is effortlessly chic.

I honestly don't think you can compare the two - leather vs. canvas (in most cases - I have not owned an LV leather bag), logos vs. no logos, etc. Having said that, though, I like both for different reasons. As said above, Bal leather is very special, and the styles fit my lifestyle. I don't have a lot of LV anymore except for a Speedy, but I love it because it, too, fits my lifestyle and is so classic. I also carry an LV wallet mostly because of the durability.

It is funny to me that when the SA at my local LV store mentioned the new leather line (can't remember the name), she described it as Balenciaga-esque, lol.

Well... I think it depends on your personal style. I used to have 3 LV bags, but eventually gave them away to my mom and my sister because their clothing style is more classic/conservative. LV just didn't mesh with my jeans/Frye boots/t-shirt/edgy jewelry style.

I still carry my LV wallet in my Bbag, and even that looks odd to me. For my mom and my sister, though, LV is more than perfect.

Both brands are timeless, so it all depends on which is more suits your personal style.

I prefer my Balenciagas to my LVs at the moment but I tend to go in phases. I do pull out my LV or Longchamp for rainydays. I am over logos but still want designer names.

I prefer the BB color choices. LV is everywhere and I'm getting sick of seeing so many fakes. The only LV bags I carry anymore are mon mono speedy 30 (because it's rare) and neverfull mm in azur in the summer because it's so practical and matches everything in my summer wardrobe. I am loving Balenciaga more and more from hanging out in this forum!

I honestly don't think you can compare the two - leather vs. canvas (in most cases - I have not owned an LV leather bag), logos vs. no logos, etc. Having said that, though, I like both for different reasons. As said above, Bal leather is very special, and the styles fit my lifestyle. I don't have a lot of LV anymore except for a Speedy, but I love it because it, too, fits my lifestyle and is so classic. I also carry an LV wallet mostly because of the durability.

It is funny to me that when the SA at my local LV store mentioned the new leather line (can't remember the name), she described it as Balenciaga-esque, lol.

I LOVE Bal leather it's delicious. I like my canvas LV however I was really disapointed when the leather trim/piping was dirty after 2 uses. It left me with absolutely no desire to even try their leather bags. I love the canvas for durability, my wallets have really taken a beating and still look like new. And let me tell you, you wouldn't believe how much you can fit into a LV zippy with out seeing it with your very own eyes. As far as the logos go I'm not that big on them personally I feel like if I'm advertising for your company I should get a paycheck for it, lol. Something my dad has drilled into my head that being said I tend to go for their damier lines. I like that Bbags are more incognito. I feel like when people compliment me on my LV's it's more of a brand association thing VS really liking the bag itself. I get TONS of complements on my Bbags, I feel it's more because they really like the color/hardware combo and that it's something they haven't seen before.

I prefer the BB color choices. LV is everywhere and I'm getting sick of seeing so many fakes. The only LV bags I carry anymore are mon mono speedy 30 (because it's rare) and neverfull mm in azur in the summer because it's so practical and matches everything in my summer wardrobe. I am loving Balenciaga more and more from hanging out in this forum!

While I like the few LV pieces I own, I see fake LV's all the time and am so SICK of seeing fake handbags. I hate fake anything JMO I'm not trying to sound like a snot but from the ethical point of view. Fakes are illegal I personally refuse to spend my hard earned money to fund illegal activity's.

I have more fun wearing my Bbags than my LVs due to, as what the ladies said, they're too common. Though I still own some LV Speedies & sold all the other styles I used to own, but still alternate my Speedies in between. Since I kept them, I might as well use them, esp. for rainy days & travel, so I don't worry too much on scratches & dirt when you go through airport securities. It's good to have both, to be honest.