Home & Garden which home bar would you choose?

which home bar would you choose?

• pottery barn rustic

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • painted rustic

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
We have an open floor plan and our wood furniture is mixed. Couple of painted pieces (turquoise), coffee table made of reclaimed barn wood, armoire similar wood to coffee table, dining table pine.

I'm thinking the painted bar would fit in with no issue....but the quality of the pottery barn one is probably better.....pottery barn one is labelled rustic but it's more refined. I'm going circular. It's not that the expense is so great but with something like this you can't just take it back if you don't like it when you get it home. These are preowned items. PB one excellent condition. Painted one not perfect but price lower.

bar mex.jpgbar potterybarn.jpg

I very, very much prefer the Pottery Barn's version of "rustic." The deep wood color will go with any decor, even if you should wish to change the color scheme in the future. I am not a big fan of the painted one.

I very, very much prefer the Pottery Barn's version of "rustic." The deep wood color will go with any decor, even if you should wish to change the color scheme in the future. I am not a big fan of the painted one.
thanks for voting
I don't have a lot of decent pics but we love our wood floors (throughout house except bathrooms).....you can see in this pic of my kitty. I think the bar would contrast nicely against the floorjack milk.jpg

But the true question is, are you sad when someone says PB? Because that tells you which one you actually want. Buy what you love. Not what other people tell you to buy.

But the true question is, are you sad when someone says PB? Because that tells you which one you actually want. Buy what you love. Not what other people tell you to buy.
why sad? is there a stigma to PB? too commercialized? doesn't bother me.

I think the main problem we're having is will it fit in with our other furniture and also my DH wants a pool table in that room. Our home has a strange floor plan - open plan essentially with a living room and what seems to be two dining rooms. so we're using the larger dining area for a dining table and chairs and this area where the bar will be is the smaller "dining room"

anyway when we saw the PB one in the pics we both thought it was the one....then he started thinking maybe it was not rustic enough. also the depth might make it so it has to go in a corner rather than parallel to the wall.

I'm tired of spinning our wheels....think he's almost there

No no, nothing to do with PB, I love their stuff. My only point was, if when you are asking people their opinion between two items and they choose one, and you feel “sad” that they didn’t chose the other, then you know that one is the one you want.

the PB one is a great choice and a corner is a great place for it. Get him all the way there!

Reactions: sdkitty
No no, nothing to do with PB, I love their stuff. My only point was, if when you are asking people their opinion between two items and they choose one, and you feel “sad” that they didn’t chose the other, then you know that one is the one you want.

the PB one is a great choice and a corner is a great place for it. Get him all the way there!
got him there:smile: