Which HH wallet?

Aug 14, 2009
Hello all! I'm a newbie to TPF, and need help! I'm in search of a new wallet, and I'm pretty sure I want one by Hayden-Harnett. I've poked a little on their website, and I think I like either the Kira or the Jackson clutch wallets. My main requirement is that it needs to be BIG. I have so many CC cards, gift cards, membership cards, etc. Right now I'm using a little LV Elise wallet for my cash and a few cc cards, and a tumi card holder for all my other gift cards, and a little coin purse for my change. Too many little pieces! I need one wallet to hold all of that.

So...which one do you think I should get? Should I consider any others besides the Kira or the Jackson? Or...another brand besides HH???

Thanks!

I think the Jackson looks great (both the clutch and the zip-around). I like the Kira, too, but the kisslock is a bit bulky for me. If it doesn't bother you, that's an excellent deal. I have the older style Clutch wallet and love it. I don't carry as much as you in my wallet, but I highly recommend HH. Beautiful, practical, and very well-made!

i'm probably biased, but i would suggest the clutch wallet. i've had mine for almost 2 years, it's still going strong! i too carry a lot of stuff- CCs, GCs, tickets, receipts, etc etc...i stash pretty much everything in there, save from extra coins (cause it gets quite bulky/heavy). i've also gotten my friends into the clutch wallet! plus, you will find the largest color selection wth this style!

What is different about the storage in the Kira vs the clutch? I ordered the brandy Kira because I thought I might be able to get the iphone in the kiss lock part.

sally that is true if you want to fit a phone the kira seems to be a much better alternative (I hope it fits!!) because there would be no way to fit a phone on the clutch wallet so that is a really good point!! A pomp or pilot would also fit a phone prego08 if you want to fit a phone!!!

I have an old wallet that is in the style of the clutch and it is awkward to juggle iphone/keys and wallet. I've been using the Koko but my wallets usually take a beating so I don't want to wear it out!

Umm - I also have a pilot and 3 pomps (yes, I know - total gluttony) but I've been waiting to get some proper leather protector before I use them too much).

ok...soo tempted to get the kira from the hh website. that's the best price around, right?

i don't need it to hold a phone, but the reason i like the jackson is because of the outer pocket that looks like you can hold a phone (or a stack of cards).

i heard the kira sometimes doesn't close all the way when it's too full? i don't know if i prefer the pinsnap closure to the zipper on the jackson. alas...jackson is too pricey right now.

i actually have the kira wallet and its great but it really annoyed me when i started finding change at the bottom on my bag and on the floor of my house! the coins would fall out of the sides of the kisslock. HTH. I have a clutch wallet and its wonderful

I've been wanting the Kira since it came out, but I've been putting it off for some of the reasons others have mentioned here. I'm mostly worried about how it closes when really stuffed, especially since I don't know how deep the zippered pocket is. I figure if you put things like coins in there, they might shift and make it hard to fold the wallet shut... And then there's the issue of actually being able to snap it closed.

The Jackson is awfully similar to the Lido wallet they used to have. I did have a Lido at one point--I was thrilled that my smartphone fit in the front pocket until I started worrying about it getting smashed because it was still on the outside of the wallet.

The clutch wallet is still my favorite. It holds a lot more than you'd think. Not a phone, of course, but there are plenty of card slots and lots of spaces for bills, receipts, etc. It really helps that they switched to the flip-down turnlock--it's definitely not as bulky as the older version, and I think it's a little more secure too.

I keep a coin purse in my bag and always put my change in there. With my Lido, the change compartment is too tight. I have yet to use my Kira, but I will probably continue my coin purse method. I have the HH kangaroo coin purse that's perfect for gift cards in the big part and coins in the little part.

OK, so now you all have me thinking about the A/W wallets!

I love my Clutch Wallet, but if I wanted something that would hold what's in my clutch plus a cell phone and small keychain, what would you recommend? I don't have many cc's, but I have other cards that I like to keep on hand, so the pouches in the Clutch are really handy. Any recommendations? I'm looking at the Jackson, but I'm not sure.