Which Hermes Scarf!!

zramilk

O.G.
Sep 1, 2008
I've decided that tomorrow I am going to make my first Hermes purchase and get a scarf cause they are absolutely stunning!

Now, can anyone give me, or tell me where i can find a quick lowdown on the different shapes/sizes/textures/colors of the scarves so I dont look like a complete beginner when I go into the store!

x

Have fun Zramilk!

I can spend hours playing with the scarves and trying on different colours and patterns before I decide which one will go home with me. But be warned, you will then decide one is not enough!

Have fun! It's soooo hard to choose though~ I would try and get something in a colorway that will compliment your wardrobe the most. The first one I bought was a Bolduc pochette in a pretty green with fushia and light pink. It goes with things I wear year round: green, pink, black, & white.

Once you've bought one, it's addictive & you'll find yourself wanting more!!! :biggrin:

It's hard to choose. I would suggest you going through the hermes.com first to find what you would like first. And also the forum posts above. Also check your clothing to see which colorway may fit with your clothing the best. You like a lot of bright colors or less colors. Then what design you would like to own first, animals/people/culture stuff/abstract things, etc. Size is important as well. Some people may feel 90cm ones are difficult to use. Each every scarf is gorgeous, trying it on is very important.
Once you figure out these, you may get one within 30 minutes. Otherwise you may end up with 0 or probably 10 scarves tomorrow...
Anyway, it's a fun thing to do! :yahoo:

zramilk, have a great time at "H"!

Before you buy a scarf, I wanted to ask you: Do you currently wear scarves with your wardrobe? If you don't, I would suggest trying out the Twillys or Pocket Square size to begin with. You can tie them in your hair, around you neck, on your bags, etc. Then, after you've found you like the splash of color and finished look to your outfits, go grab a 90cm and go to town!

If you already wear scarves, then prepare yourself! You'll find at least THREE you absolutely love! Set a clear limit (in your mind) before you go! Or you might buy more than you were intending - believe me, I've been there!

Above all, enjoy yourself and post pics of whatever you get!

Before you buy a scarf, I wanted to ask you: Do you currently wear scarves with your wardrobe? If you don't, I would suggest trying out the Twillys or Pocket Square size to begin with. You can tie them in your hair, around you neck, on your bags, etc. Then, after you've found you like the splash of color and finished look to your outfits, go grab a 90cm and go to town!

If you already wear scarves, then prepare yourself! You'll find at least THREE you absolutely love! Set a clear limit (in your mind) before you go! Or you might buy more than you were intending - believe me, I've been there!

Above all, enjoy yourself and post pics of whatever you get!

Gaaah! What an understatement :graucho:

If you already wear scarves, then prepare yourself! You'll find at least THREE you absolutely love! Set a clear limit (in your mind) before you go!

Above all, enjoy yourself

Z--

A-T-G's advice is GREAT--follow it!
Problem iz, w/ H scarves there are so many combos in patterns/colors, that no single recipe applies to them all; just make sure to try B4 U buy.

Pay special attention to the corners & borders, as these are often the most prominent areas of a scarf when folded in the common knots ascot/boy scout/etc.

Make sure at least one of the colors compliments yur complexion, since scarves are usually worn next to the face. It can be in the b/g or in one of the accent colors.

OK, have a grand time and make sure to listen to ATG's advice: set a limit B4 U go!

Last edited:
Hey Guys!! Omygosh.. so my trip went completley diverted.. I went in to buy a scarf which I assumed would be my first ever Hermes purchase... but I came out of the store with NO scarves... but with a hermes bracelet and a 35 cm White Togo Birkin with PHW!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: