Which Hermes scarf is highly desired ?

Loveapurse

Aug 24, 2007
Over the years, there are so many scarf collections and designs by Hermes, anyone can share ideas of which scarfs are highly collectible or desired by all times?
I have started to buy 1-2 scarfs but would like to know more....Anyone ?

Thank you ~~:tup::heart:

Wow, what a great question....

I think that it really depends on the individual doing the "desiring." There are vintage carres in many designs that are sought after by collectors for many reasons...design, artist, rarity, colorway, etc. The grail scarf can be 70 years old, or a favorite but out of stock colorway from the current season.

some scarfies like their scarfs crisp and new, others love an old, well loved carré. Some collect by artist, some by motif (equestrian, florals, etc).

If you are looking to add to your collection, I recommend you search the threads here, and try to hone in on what style of design YOU like, as well as what colors and size is good for YOU. IMHO, there is nothing sadder than a beautiful Hermes scarf that never gets worn, no matter how rare of special it may be...

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/which-scarf-pointu-pochette-are-you-wearing-today-113322.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/your-grail-scarf-121359.html

Also, you might find the mousselines more wearable, or the cashmere, or maybe the 70 cm.....Its a whole world of choices.

There are a couple that are always HUGE on ebey, recently we saw Kermit Olivers Madison Avenue hit over 1200K, and Rencontre Ocean and Grands Fonds in certain colorways are always very popular. But if these are not scarves that you love, or would wear, then they are really not "desireable" for YOU, if you know what I mean.....

you can see hundreds of 90 cm scarves here...

www.preciouscolors.com

good luck!!!

Rencontre Oceane is wildly popular and collectable. It goes for $800 sometimes on ebay. There were rumors that it would be reissued in spring 008, but no one has seen it on the lists yet.

Wow, what a great question....

There are a couple that are always HUGE on ebey, recently we saw Kermit Olivers Madison Avenue hit over 1200K, and Rencontre Ocean and Grands Fonds in certain colorways are always very popular. But if these are not scarves that you love, or would wear, then they are really not "desireable" for YOU, if you know what I mean.....

you can see hundreds of 90 cm scarves here...

www.**************.com

good luck!!!

someone can repost the full name of this website ? or pm me ?
thanks !!