Which heat stamp colour?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm planning to buy either a monogram or damier ebene pocket organizer this week (actually I want both, but I'll settle for one right now ;)). Trouble is, I really can't decide which colour I should choose for the heat stamp.

For the monogram canvas, I was thinking either black or gold and for the damier ebene either silver or red. I've never seen a heat stamped product in real life, only the examples either in photographs or on the tool you can use on the LV website.

Which colours stand out more/look better on different colours of canvas?

Anyone have any suggestions? Much appreciated! I don't want to pick the wrong colour and be stuck with it!

2. I like the red on ebene. For my mono, I just got the heat stamping, no color.

I'm not a fan of the gold, personally, and I wasn't nuts about the other colors. I do like the light blue popped against the mono though. Or plain black. Just my preferences!

3. Thanks for your opinion! I had heard that the gold stands out well, that's the main reason I was considering it. I don't like the look of the other colours either.

How does the plain heat stamping look? Does it stand out well? Is that what 'tone on tone' refers to on the selection panel on the site?

4. I like gold for mono, and red for ebene!

5. The plain is what's called Tone on Tone. It doesn't stand out at all. Very subtle but nice.

6. Black on mono.. Red on ebene... I thought about gold on mono but it might look to matchy matchy.. The black will give it some BAMM! Lol if you know what I mean

7. Gold looks great on ebene or monogram!

8. Thanks guys for sharing your preferences!

I really like the idea of the tone on tone, but ideally I would like the stamping to really stand out - not in a show off-ish sort of way (I mean, how many people are actually going to see the inside of my wallet?) but just because I like the idea of my initials being stamped into the material and I'd like it to be the first thing I notice when I open it... if that makes sense.

I sort of feel like I'm putting way too much thought into this, but once it's done it's done!

9. I have gold on everything I'v heatstampet, and most of them are damier ebene. Was thinking of red, but in the end I chose gold... I'm a golden girl!

10. I got Gold on my Mono Insolite CP and it REALLY pops against the orange :smile:.

11. Gold on both my vernis and mono pieces!

12. I have the tone-on-tone on my wallet and really like it. You can see it, but only if you're looking for it. I'll try and take a picture when I get home. It's very subtle, which may or may not be what you're after!

13. ^ girlinthemoon, a picture of your heat stamp on your wallet would be fantastic! Thank you so much.

14. I also prefer tone-on-tone since there is no hardware on this product but if colour is a must, I'd go for Red on Ebene and Gold on Monogram.

15. I have seen silver in mono and quite a nice touch...but Gold seems the best choice for mono and red for damier ebene... same as charleston-mom have mentioned;)