Which handbag to Purchase, YSL or LV?

tchen926

Jun 3, 2015
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a handbag for my 30th birthday.

I'm looking for a durable every day bag.

I can't decide between:

YSL kate medium in black/gold
YSL envelope medium in matelasse in black/gold
LV speedy b 25 in damier ebene

I know that all 3 bags are different styles and for different occasions but I'm torn between the 3. For reference, I'm 5' 1'' and petite framed. I already own the YSL medium woc in black/silver so not sure if the envelope bag will be too similar in style.

Any advise would be appreciated. Also, if you own any of the bags then any pros and cons would help!

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: fannlsf
I like the Envelope the best as it can be pressed up or down, the texture also adds some nice visual interest. I am not a fan of the LV coated canvas options because I think they clash with any outfit that is not a solid color.
Thank you for your input! :smile: I never thought about the canvas being too busy and clashing with printed clothes.

Reactions: jade
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a handbag for my 30th birthday.

I'm looking for a durable every day bag.

I can't decide between:

YSL kate medium in black/gold
YSL envelope medium in matelasse in black/gold
LV speedy b 25 in damier ebene

I know that all 3 bags are different styles and for different occasions but I'm torn between the 3. For reference, I'm 5' 1'' and petite framed. I already own the YSL medium woc in black/silver so not sure if the envelope bag will be too similar in style.

Any advise would be appreciated. Also, if you own any of the bags then any pros and cons would help!

Thank you

Kate medium in black/gold. I think you're right the envelope bag would be too similar to the WOC.

Kate medium in black/gold. I think you're right the envelope bag would be too similar to the WOC.
I went to the Saint Laurent store to try on both bags and was torn but ended up getting the envelope bag. I may have a thing for the chevron pattern haha.

The bag seemed more versatile and it can be dressed up or down. The Kate seemed more for formal occasions but it’s next on the list but in nude since most of my bags are in black. :smile:

Reactions: C.Ly and JenJBS