Which H bag for laptop?

SoLaLa99

Mar 5, 2012
I'm looking for a laptop bag to carry to and from work but also for travel. Bc of the travel it would be good if the bag gave me the option to use it as a handbag as well so I don't have to carry two bags (which is the current situation).

At first I thought a Kelly 32 or 35 would be good (if I can get my hands on one) but a colleague said the laptop wouldn't fit as the measurement is the top length not the bottom length.

I was also thinking Kelly Lakhis (bc of the front pockets) or Kelly Amazon. But I guess prob same probs as standard K. Also those are prob even harder to get ...

How about herbag?. Though it's a bit casual for a handbag/business use. I would just use it as a laptop bag and carry a handbag.

Don't want to use a Birkin or Garden Party as i like the hands free option of a strap especially useful for travel and events after-work.

Your thoughts H ladies & gents?

Reactions: Namwan-
IMO,I think of HERMES Bolide35 it fit for ur stuff , good for business and travel.
hope u like it and find ur H bag right for u. :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 1,540
Last edited:
It really depends on the size of your laptop. I use both the garden party or a Victoria. I wouldn't use the Kelly as the straps are too thin and cuts into the shoulders.

It really depends on the size of your laptop. I use both the garden party or a Victoria. I wouldn't use the Kelly as the straps are too thin and cuts into the shoulders.

Fair point Jadeite. I guess the bolide strap would do too. Are amazons hard to come by?

I think my laptop is around 30cm in length ... Thought I had the measurements but forgot them after my colleague's comment

I do use my garden party when I'm back home to and from work. Am reluctant to use it on travel as it doesn't have a zip/closure and contents would spill if putting in the overhead bins. Also no strap...

Fair point Jadeite. I guess the bolide strap would do too. Are amazons hard to come by?

I think my laptop is around 30cm in length ... Thought I had the measurements but forgot them after my colleague's comment

Bolide strap is about the same as the Kelly strap. I think if you want to strap up the best option is a canvas strap.
The bolide is an odd shape as is the Kelly at the top, so closing the bag with a 30cm laptop will be a problem. There are other under the radar Hermes bags that may do better! especially the men's styles. You might want to consider those.

The Victoria has a zip.

For a Macbook Air 11" type of laptop, I use: Kelly 35, Bolide 35, Marwari GM, Evelyne PM (though it doesn't close), Garden Party, and Trim II 35.

For a Macbook Pro 13" type of laptop, I use: Marwari 35 (heavy as sh-- and hurts), Bolide 35 (but doesn't close), and Garden Party (best). But really, I grab a Longchamp.

For a Macbook Air 11" type of laptop, I use: Kelly 35, Bolide 35, Marwari GM, Evelyne PM (though it doesn't close), Garden Party, and Trim II 35.

For a Macbook Pro 13" type of laptop, I use: Marwari 35 (heavy as sh-- and hurts), Bolide 35 (but doesn't close), and Garden Party (best). But really, I grab a Longchamp.

Great info, arabesques. :tup:
I'd be too worry using my Kelly 35 for something as heavy as a laptop plus other items I'll need. I notice that when carrying heavier content, it puts a strain around the turnlock and surrounding leather. I'm afraid I'll end up damaging the lock or the flap.

Great info! I have to admit, I never would have thought of putting a laptop in an Evelyne.

My first thought was Garden Party, followed by Victoria. If OP is willing to go the reseller route, a Paris Bombay would probably work as well.

Bolide strap is about the same as the Kelly strap. I think if you want to strap up the best option is a canvas strap.
The bolide is an odd shape as is the Kelly at the top, so closing the bag with a 30cm laptop will be a problem. There are other under the radar Hermes bags that may do better! especially the men's styles. You might want to consider those.

The Victoria has a zip.

Did think of doing a 180 and going for a men's briefcase-like bag without strap... Don't really want to do cross-body as not going for a casual look