• 2008 Vert Thyme Day

• 2005 Dolma Green Day

• Other - please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

asbb

in denial
O.G.
Jul 29, 2007
I am new to Bal so would like your opinion. Which leather would you prefer? (photos from Real Deal Collection's website)

2008 Vert Thyme Green - this seems like it would wear better and not get dirty as easily...do you agree?

08vertthyme.jpg

2005 Dolma Green Day - I have heard the '05 leather is better than the '08, is that true?

05dolmagreen.jpg

Welcome to Bal!! Yes '05s are way better than the '08s. Personally I'm not a green fan but if I had to choose I would pick the verty the dolma although it has wonderful leather looks like the washed out version of the vert thyme. It pops more than the dolma. The darker the color the less you will see the dirt. I used to have a white city and it showed all the scuffs and dirt more than my other darker bals. Good luck with your choice!!

05 leather are TDF! But then again I like my bags newer so I would choose VT. Also I have had a VT City only to sell it away & regret. Now I have a VT Work & I love it still. VT was my second back very early in 2008 & it is a year later today & I still love the col. Then again it works as a great neutral yet it has colour for me. It goes with almost everything I have in my wardrobe.

I've never seen Dolma IRL but I hear 05 leather is the best... I have a Vert Thyme PT and it's my favorite BBag... The leather is incredibly thick and smooshy and I LOVE the color... Also, I use it CONSTANTLY and it doesn't show dirt... I have to use conditioner on the corners of my Coral PT after each use as it shows dirt very easily... Good luck with your decision!

I WOULD TAKE THE VERT THYME OVER THE DOLMA. NEVER SEEN DOLMA IRL, BUT IT DOESN'T APPEAL TO ME. IMO, VT WOULD GO WITH A VARIETY OF COLORS MORE SO THAN THE DOLMA AND SHOW LESS WEAR.
BUT MY FAVORITE GREEN WOULD HAVE TO BE VERT GAZON!!!:P

I'm gonna go with the Vert Thyme (can't believe I said that!), because when the Dolma gets like that (faded, greyed, vintage-y looking) I don't think it suits the Day style. I much prefer Dolma in the City style.