Which grape Tano should I get?

fhgarman

Jun 12, 2008
I can't decide between the Boogie Bucket (1st photo attached) or the French Nanny. Any suggestions? The seem so similar! The French Nanny is a bit smaller and it has a zip closure while the Boogie Bucket has a magnetic closure. Help!

Attachments

• 9897GRA_L.jpg
    9897GRA_L.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 3721gra_l.jpg
    3721gra_l.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 39
I have both and I like both. I like the look of the Boogie better on me but the FN is more comfortable on my shoulder. I like that the Boogie holds more without looking overstuffed but when my stuff is in the FN it does not move around. Sometimes in the BB my stuff (wallet cosmetic case etc )will lay down instead of sitting up because there is so much room and things get more jumbled. I don't know if any of these observations helped (I am fine with both closures) but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

That's a toughie! I have a Boogie and a French Nanny and I love them *almost* equally. My French Nanny just slightly edges out the Boogie. I personally prefer the slightly longer strap drop and the less structured shape, plus I'm a light packer so I very rarely have enough to fill up my Boogie and it ends up being tough to find things even with a purse organizer. BUT, I prefer the magnetic snap closure on the Boogie and it looks very chic. It's a hard decision! No matter what bag you decide on, you absolutely can't miss with the grape leather! It's so unbelievably gorgeous, not to mention versatile!

Wow that is a tough choice...

Boogie:
- magnetic closure
- bigger bag
- less black trim
- shorter shoulder strap

French Nanny:
- zip closure
- more black trim
- smaller bag
- longer shoulder strap

They both have a great slouch and lots of great grape leather. I prefer the french nanny on my body but it just depends what you want I suppose!

Wow, thanks for all your input. I really appreciate it!

Maybe this will sway you in one direction or the other. I like roomy bags; I am large (size 14), but I am short (only 5' tall). In the fall and winter I need a bag with a strap drop that will fit comfortably over a coat shoulder (not so easy with all bags when you aren't skinny). Which one - the BB or the FN - would look better on me?

I'm 5'3" and in your size range (possible up a little ;) )

I know the boogie will fit over a coat on my shoulder, however, I see that one of the other ladies mentioned the FN has a longer strap than the boogie.

Hopefully one of the other ladies will have a more set in stone suggestion.

I personally like the French Nanny better than Boogie. I like the longer drop length and the trim on the FN. I've tried on both and if I were to get one it'd definitely be the FN.

I also have both, and yes, that's the same decision I have been wrestling with for weeks! The color I want comes in both styles, so I know your pain!

I think the Boogie looks more expensive and richer, but the FN is definitely more comfortable to carry. And the Boogie can be a bottomless pit if you don't carry alot of stuff. I would say go with the French Nanny if you want a shoulder purse since the Boogie ain't no way gonna fit over that coat unless you are TWIGGY!

I have a grape French Nanny that I LOVE. But I don't carry a ton of stuff so a Boogie would've been overwhelming for me. The FN is the perfect size for me and I seriously don't have any complaints about it. The strap is definitely long enough that you would be able to wear it over a winter coat too.