which goes first? sunscreen? moisturizer?

What a great thread! Super informative! My current moisturizer has SPF 15 in it, so I guess I'm covered. I always try to have a moisturizer and foundation that has SPF in it.

I don't like layering too much, so I always buy products that have multiple functions.

In the day, my moisturizer contain SPF, so I don't need another sunscreen. I do remember a few years ago when I did use the two separately, I would apply only sunscreen because it's moisturizing enough for my oily skin.

I don't bath in the sun all day (cuz it BAD for you) and try to avoid it at all times. I do not like the tanned look. So I don't really need to reapply sunscreen since my moisturizer, foundation, and powder all contain SPF.

If you do wear makup and need to reapply sunscreen if you stay out in the sun for a long time, then buy a makeup powder that contains SPF. Also, there are makeup refreshing sprays that sometimes contain SPF.

i was told the thinnest cream/liquid go on to your face first...the thickest cream go on the last.
toner first, then eye cream, serum if you have one then face lotion/cream. sun screen is the last thing you put on...then your foundation....the whole make up ritual.
i had bad skin when i was young...so i am very into skin care. basically all the skin care sales told me i should put sun screen on before applying on make up. hope this helps.

is using a separate sunscreen and moisturizer necessary? or is a moisturizer with spf in it just as effective? many times i use a separate sunscreen on my face i had a horrible allergic reaction where my face swelled up and turned red and it was so sore and sensitive. so im looking into a moisturizer with an spf and would love to know if it is still effective.

is using a separate sunscreen and moisturizer necessary? or is a moisturizer with spf in it just as effective? many times i use a separate sunscreen on my face i had a horrible allergic reaction where my face swelled up and turned red and it was so sore and sensitive. so im looking into a moisturizer with an spf and would love to know if it is still effective.

oh...ask for a sun screen sample at Jurlique....
i don't know any mositureizer w/ sun screen....maybe someone here can help you

My Moisturizer has and spf of 25. I use clinique superdefense and I love it. Then I apply my foundation which has an spf of 15 and my powder has an spf of 15. I hope this is enough to protect my skin throughout the day!!!

use mineral makeup because it contains zinc that is a natural sunscreen rather than putting additional chemicals that are actually dangerous for your health, but if you insist on using a chemically enhanced sunscreen, you shouldn't use more than 15 spf for regular use.

here's some more info on the dangers of sunscreen that most cosmetic industry businesses don't want you to know
sunscare

I think it's so important for us to be aware of the stuff we put into our bodies in the name of beauty but look at all the previous scares that happened just in the last couple of years - the dog food toxins, the lead in toys, now the toxins in the baby bottles...

being informed is beautiful!
xo

Just to let you know, putting moisturizer on after makes sunscreen less effective, you must put your moisturizer on FIRST then sunscreen. Suncreen should be your last step in your skincare regime, then you can apply makeup, you do not need to reapply sunscreen after foundation/makeup.

Actually, my dermatologist recommended using sunscreen first, moisturizer, then make-up. In addition, check out this article that has another dermatologist saying to put your sunscreen on first:

http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200904-omag-val-applying-sunscreen

My skincare ritual in the morning involves cleanser, toner, eye cream, face serum, moisturizer and sunscreen. I usually let the moisturizer set in for 15 minutes so my skin can absorb the moisturizer before I apply sunscreen. I usually don't wear makeup.

Yup - I am a moisturiser first gal. Sunscreen then make up works for me as my sunscreen has a mattify effect. If i did it with moisturiser after, my make up would slide off!

I had a uv check last week and this way certainly works (i.e. sunscreen is still v effective).