Which first should I get: 05 Holiday silver or 08 Argent?

mscawaii

O.G.
Aug 6, 2007
Hi ladies,

I'm thinking of getting my first Bbag! My collection consist of mainly Chanels. SO I'm pretty worried that I might get buyer's remorse if I were to get a Bbag but I have seen two colors that totally took my breath away and gave my heart the pitter patters...:love:

Initially I was decided to get the argent but today I saw the 05 holiday silver and it took my breath away! I need help deciding on which one. Which is easier to care for? Which one will be more of a classic? Pls Help Me?? TIA!! :flowers:

Wow! I'd love to see a photo of the silver holiday!! I'm sure most of the ladies here haven't seen one either!:nuts: Either way, Argent is gorgeous!!! You won't regret it!!

I think it depends on what you want to use the Bbag for - Argent seems like it would be better for everyday wear but the 05 pewter metallic would be gorgeous for going out, special events, etc.

If you're looking for an everyday bag, maybe you could go with the Argent and then try to find a smaller accessory in the pewter?

Thanks for all your replies. It seems argent is getting more votes here! I'm not looking for a bag for a particular use, I'm just thinking of getting a yummy Bbag. I don't mind using metallics during the day. Don't shoot me but I actually carry my Chanel metallics during the day. :Push:

Well, I haven't seen the argent IRL yet but I've seen and felt the leather of the 05 silver. The 05 silver leather is really really nice. Is the leather on the argent as yummy? :drool:

05 metallics are very cool! I have the 05 pewter first and use it as my main going out at night bag. So I say get the 05. Don't worry, you will soon afterward be hooked like the rest of us, and you'll have to get all the other B bags as well!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I think it depends on what you want to use the Bbag for - Argent seems like it would be better for everyday wear but the 05 pewter metallic would be gorgeous for going out, special events, etc.

If you're looking for an everyday bag, maybe you could go with the Argent and then try to find a smaller accessory in the pewter?

Accessories in Pewter are impossible! I tried so hard to find anything in the metallics and especially something in Pewter to match my collection. I don't own an Argent, although I wish but because of my ban and funds I can't right now, but I have a full collection of Pewter (The First, City, Work and Weekender) which I intended to have that way because I love the color so much! The funny thing is that I tend to gravitate naturally towards using Pewter as an everyday bag, especially when I'm torn on what color I should carry because of my outfit. I figure I wear silver jewelry anyway, so it matches my accessories. Both are to die for colors, have excellent leather and easy to wear so if you have the funds I would say get both, but just keep in mind that any Pewter bag you get is going to have smooshier leather because it's already been broken in. Argent is going to need that kind of attention from you in order to get to the same softness.

I haven't touched a 05 silver yet (would love to have one tho!) but my argent fist has amazingly soft and silky leather. The only agneau bag that I love as much as chevre if not more!

You can't be wrong with either one of them. I think you'll be fine taking care of them if you've got chanel metallics! Good luck deciding!