Which "first bag" for a 21 year old?

BWRiley

O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
My DD is a college junior, very responsible, great grades, and will be heading to graduate school. We are on vacation with LV store very near. At home, there is not even a store that sells LV in our state. She has a mono pochette (pre-owned) and ZCP, but no real LV bag. I am wondering what would be a good "first bag"...considering the possible price increase and lack of local availability, I am thinking this may be the time for an early graduation present. She is 5'9", thin, and usually dresses casually as a Midwestern college student. I would prefer something classic. I don't think she would care for hand-held. If you could, please include current prices with your recommendation as I don't have access to the website on my iPhone or iPad. TIA!

Hi I got the Speedy 30 in Ebene for my 21th birthday begin of december. I'm verry happy with this bag, it's functional en because of the ebene I don't have to worry for stains... It's also a classic bag and I payd 510€... The Neverfull is maybe a good choice for carrying books and stuff...

wish you luck to find the perfect present!

Hmm.. I know you said she would probably not prefer something handheld, but I suggest you still consider the Speedy! It's classic and can dress up or down very well :smile: Plus, if she likes the look of the shoulder straps on the speedy, you can always get one of those for her so she has the option of how to carry it! The 25 size would definitely be too small for her. I'd suggest a 30 or 35 :smile: Good luck in your search for the perfect 1st bag for her!

The speedy was my first LV big bag and i was 21 when i got it! (my dad got me a mon mono one with S21 on it for my bday !)
For shoulder bags I would suggest a neverful/delightful

Congratulations to your DD, and of course to you for raising such a good gal. :smile: My recommendation would be a Totally or Delightful (both about/under $1000) which are both very practical and attractive pieces--both also shoulder bags. Both bags only come in Monogram.

I was going to say Ebene Speedy, but if she doesn't want handheld I'm going to suggest the Bloomsbury. Great, worry free casual bag. I tend to wear mine every weekend.

I think a speedy B would be great, as it is the epitome classic LV bag but with the option of a strap if you think she doesn't like handheld bags. I think a Neverful would also be a great option since she will be going to grad school.

I bought my first LV at 22 and choose the damier ebene speedy 30. I paid $840 with tax. I am not much of a hand-held bag lover, I prefer totes, but the speedy is so iconic it was hard not to get that for my first LV. I absolutely adore this bag and find it easy to carry even though it is hand held. Good luck!

I Don't know if price is so important but I absolutely love the new azur artsy. It just came out and azur is very young and artsy is a shoulder bag and I think would be great. I'm not sure exactly how much it costs. Maybe 1200-1550 price. I can remember. Picture doesn't do it justice

Attachments

• image-1027020277.png
    image-1027020277.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 172
you mentioned she wouldn't want a handheld, but the speedy is a classic. the speedy 35 was one of my first LVs and i always go back to it. the neverfull is a great choice too. an idylle speedy would give her the option of both handheld and over the shoulder. i love my idylle speedy (carrying it today)!