Which "first bag" for a 21 year old?

I am going with the Delightful MM or the Galliera PM, both practical and comfortable, with the Galliera being a bit more stylish of course. You may want to check the Speedy B 30 with the shoulder strap that is always nice to carry cross-body. Sounds like your daughter is a very nice girl!

First choice would be the Neverfull GM; as she can put her school work/books in it as well. Second choice would be the Speedy 35 but get the Speedy Bandoliere which comes with a shoulder strap. She can wear it cross body or just on the shoulder and if she ever simply wants to carry it by the handles (hand-held) she has that option too!

x

i say either SPEEDY!!!!!, Speedy B or an Idylle Speedy (these both have straps)

speedy as it is a classic classic classic and will last forever and if you get the damier ebene it will last you a long time and you do not need to worry about the vachetta

otherwise the neverfull could also be an option :yes:

She read all of the advice from the experts and then we went to the store. She was attracted to the Delightful, but felt it was a little too large and "slouchy" for her. She tried the Speedy 25 and 30, but didn't like the handheld. No to the NF, because Mom has one. So, after a little discussion with the SA about her likes and dislikes, the SA goes to the drawer and pulls out a bag that was not on display, and my daughter's eyes just lit up. It was not one of the ones mentioned, but is perfect for her, the Odeon PM. She loves the cross body style and it is not too large. She really wanted a purse, not a school bag. Since we are in Hawaii, she also got a small luggage tag with her initials and the Hawaii flower stamped in gold. The SA was wonderful. Her name is Chiaki at the Whaler's Village store on Maui. A great vacation memory!