Which Fall 2007 Marc by Marc Jacobs best replaces the spring Softy Faridah?

surlygirl

where my ring at??!!
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
I sent my black Softy Faridah from Spring 07 back to the Marc by Marc Jacobs store because the handle was coming apart and the leather was discolored. :crybaby:

After two weeks, they finally called me to say that they could not fix the bag, but would give me the price of the bag towards another item. So I am looking for a bag from the Fall 07 line that best replaces my black Softy Faridah. I don't love the colors of the Fall 07 Softy Faridah, so I can't go with another Softy Faridah. Any ideas? Suggestions? I am really bummed because I loved that bag and hated to send her off. What bag can replace her? :hrmm:

Thanks in advance!

that's disappointing news! i'm sorry to hear that. even if the new faridah colors aren't doing it for you this season, there are plenty of fabulous mbmj bags that are available. here are a few of my favorites:

marcj2000715681_347x683b.jpg

marcj2001118267_347x683d.jpg

marcj2002618267_prod_zoom_back.jpg

_5436392.jpg

the last bag is available at nordstrom.com. everything else can be found at shopbop.com. hope you find another bag you'll love soon!

that's disappointing news! i'm sorry to hear that. even if the new faridah colors aren't doing it for you this season, there are plenty of fabulous mbmj bags that are available. here are a few of my favorites:

marcj2001118267_347x683d.jpg

the last bag is available at nordstrom.com. everything else can be found at shopbop.com. hope you find another bag you'll love soon!

Sorry, Don't mean to hijack the thread...

what is the name of this bag? It's the same hardware and such as the baby boxy. I love the baby boxy, but it's too small for me. This is beautiful and looks like a perfect size.

Did you see the Fall O7 Faridah in black on the MbMJ website...?

I did see the turnlock Faridah, but it's a bit too small for me. And that logo lining is just too much. I liked the Softy Faridah because it was big and slouchy. It was my friend. Ok, just kidding, but you know what I mean!

I do like the Dr. Q bag that tadpole posted, so that is on my short list right now. I like the Quinn, but am not sure if it's durable enough. We'll see. If the Dr. Q bags came in black, my problem would be solved. I am also going to ask the store to describe in detail every large, black bag that they have in stock. Is that unreasonable?!

Yeh, that would have been too easy. No Dr Q Groovee in stock. And bordeaux is sold out company wide! So, now I am officially sad and without a bag to replace my Faridah. Any other ideas? Words of encouragement? :crybaby:

^ i'm sorry, surlygirl! i know the bordeaux dr. q was very popular and there are a few members here who are still searching for one. are you sure the sa didn't mean that the bag was just sold out at their store? i'm not sure which location you called, but i know nyc has the chocolate and nice tan in stock. i was just at bloomingdale's in soho this past weekend, and i saw the nice tan dr. q there too. i wouldn't give up just yet! you'll get your mbmj bag!

Thanks, tadpole. I am trying to remain optimistic. I was SO excited about the Dr. Q groovee bag. I really want it in the bordeaux color. If I see the bordeaux color, I will purchase and then just get another bag from the MJ store. I hope that I can find it! Dr. Q, where are you? :sos:

surlygirl; if you do manage to find a Dr. Q in bordeaux... can you please tell us where ^^" im one of the people searching for one and its EXTRA hard trying to find one all the way from Australia ._.