Which DVF dress print looks the best with these boots?

livefire

O.G.
Sep 5, 2013
Hi All,

I ended up buying these boots for my wife as shown in the picture. I was looking to get her a new dress to go with them for an upcoming event soon. Is there a preference? The one on the left is a leopard print while the other is a panther print on the right. Which print looks the best in your opinion between the two - though they are similar. Also, I want to get the print that most of you favor as she will more than likely share the same view. Thanks. LF

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/559x538q90/538/VgZ9yX.jpg

R they both the same length? If not, I suggest getting the one that will either give ur wife a gap btwn the top of boots and the hem of dress, or the dreas that will cover the top of the boots, depending on your wife's height.

Reason being, if a dress hits at or abt same height as boots, it doesnt look good. I personally think otk boots should be displayed, and would prefer the shorter hemlinw.

As for which print, the right one is more subtle and elegant, which contrasts nicely w/ an edgier boot.

Hi Randr,

Thank you for feedback and advice. I had asked Nordstrom Rep about the length of the dress which she said the overall length is at around 40". With my wife being 5'4", where do you think it would hit compared to the boots (which are overall height of 22" inches including the heel)"?

Thank you very much.
LF

R they both the same length? If not, I suggest getting the one that will either give ur wife a gap btwn the top of boots and the hem of dress, or the dreas that will cover the top of the boots, depending on your wife's height.

Reason being, if a dress hits at or abt same height as boots, it doesnt look good. I personally think otk boots should be displayed, and would prefer the shorter hemlinw.

As for which print, the right one is more subtle and elegant, which contrasts nicely w/ an edgier boot.

Given that im around her height, most likely the dress will be longer on her than the model. Thats ok, nordie has a great policy. She may prefer the longer look if she's a bit more conservative. She can always wear something shorter in her closet once you gift her the boots. Im sure she'll love it.

The left dress for a younger lady - the right dress for a slightly older lady.

Sorry to say but I don't think the boots you've chosen goes with this style of dress. I think you need something more elegant. The boots remind me of the movie Pretty Woman :biggrin: unless that is the look you are going for :graucho:

Hi Princess Pink,

She is in early 30s, so I guess swaying either way to either dress can work?

What dresses do you recommend that would be more elegant that would work with these boots? recommended links?

The left dress for a younger lady - the right dress for a slightly older lady.

Sorry to say but I don't think the boots you've chosen goes with this style of dress. I think you need something more elegant. The boots remind me of the movie Pretty Woman :biggrin: unless that is the look you are going for :graucho:

Lovely boots! I agree with the above about the dress length. I prefer the the pattern on the right but both work well. I think the leather boots makes the casual dress more interesting than the summery sandals the models are wearing or traditional pumps.

I see you are in Kentucky, I hope this is an indoor event because the boots may be quite warm in the typical August weather. Otherwise, I think she will be excited for the outfit. :biggrin:

Hi! I like the first dress (on the left) better than the other one.The dress on the right looks like something I'd buy for my mom who's in her 50's, not for a young woman in her 30's. I'd definitely go for the first dress - it has a lovely pattern. Good luck!!