Which dress is better for a cocktail party?

huong

O.G.
Feb 20, 2007
My company's Christmas party is this Saturday. The attire is cocktail. I went shopping today and found these 2 dresses. I really like the second one, but I don't know if its cocktail or not. Which do you like better, or none of them at all? I will probably go shopping again tommorow too, so please name some stores I should check out. Thanks girls!

Dress 1
DSCN0865.jpg

Dress 2
DSCN0867.jpg

Either dress would work as cocktail attire. Of the two dresses, I like #2 better because it's a better fitting on you. #1 looks like you are wearing someone else's dress.

Where had you looked at already?

I've looked at Dillards, Macys, JC Penney, Nordstrom, Palais Royal basically all your department stores. I've also been to the typical mall stores: Express, Limited, Guess, and Urban Outfitters. The problem is that I'm 5'1 and wear a size 2/4 so finding a dress that fits is very hard. I have curves and if I don't get something with a defined waist, then I look bulky.

overall i like how the second dress fits on you. the first one makes you look shorter since the hem ends on your mid calves... for a cocktail party i think you should look for bright dresses that ends either on or above your kneecaps.