Which dress? Help me decide. (Lilly Pulitzer)

Jun 26, 2007
Hey guys! once again..I am having trouble deciding on Lilly Pulitzer dresses!
I don't have ANYTHING to really wear these dresses to - I would just like to have in my closet incase something does pop up :smile: Also since it is Lilly Pulitzer and they have very trendy prints that everyone associates with Lilly I would like a dress that will be able to carry me through a few seasons. I don't want something that's going to look stupid in 5 years.

Also, I am a 19 year old college student so I want something that's age appropriate :smile:

BTW The woman in these pictures is NOT ME. They are modeling pics from the website. I am actually South Indian, about 5' 6'' and a size 0/2 - so just something to keep in mind. I have very dark skin.

kate%20caroleena.jpg

50% off - now $134

jackie%20yellow.jpg

50% off - now $164

If you are petite with dark skin, I can see both dresses working on you. However I also think that both dresses reflect current trends (dress 1's print and style, dress 2's cut and knotted collar) and may not be so fashionable a few years down the line.

I'd go for the strapless dress if you're choosing between the two. I can see myself wearing the second dress but at the same time I think it's teetering on being not age-appropriate because it's more conservative... That kind of vintage look is in now, but a few years down the line you might wonder why you were bought something that may be more fitting on someone older than you.

Yay! Another Lilly lover. Well I think both colors would be beautiful on dark skin tones. I agree with True Religion, the second one is more trendy than the first. I would go with the first because it would stand for a few more seasons.

I love them both too! I love #1 the most. I just puchased a Lily dress for my daughter, her first "designer" type dress and my first Lily Pulitzer purchase. Cute stuff!