Which drawstring bag would you recommend?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have this Tignanello that I use for travel:

http:,//www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-TIGNANELLO-BLACK-LEATHER-DRAW-STRING-HAND-BAG-/251157638771?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3a7a296e73

I like the outside pockets, love how deep it is. I can fit all my travel necessities in the interior and exterior pockets and a paperback fits nicely. The shape and soft construction mean that I can pop it into a backpack when I travel. It helps me keep my stuff organized, and I can use it as my handbag at my destination.

BUT... (there is always a but) I'm starting to feel dissatisfied with the leather. It feels kind of stiff and cheap. I've only used it a few times. If you have this bag, does it soften at all over time?

Really, I think ultimately I need a better quality replacement. I'd like to stay in the $500 and under price range, and gently used is ok. I've been looking around and there are LOTS of drawstring bags I can find either used or new in that price range. Ferregamo, Coach, Dooney&Bourke, Ralph Lauren, Dior, MCM, Gucci, LV (epi Noe), BV, Michale Kors, Cole Hahn - all might be possibilites.

Anyone have any of these brands in a drawstring that can recommend them? I prefer plain leather to logo bags, leather must be TDF wonderful, and a good size to pop into a backpack to travel. Interior or exterior pockets are a plus, but I can always use a liner to get more organziation.

2. The price is GREAT! I have 3 Linea Pelle bags. I LOVE them!!! Really, if you like the style, you can't go wrong with the leather. There are several threads on here that talk about how amazing the LP leather is. I agree about the cypress - it looks gorgeous. I have one bag in scotch - which is a great neutral.