Which Dooney Are You Carrying Today?

My Dooney Ambler is three months old today! Three months ago I set out on a mission to downsize my bag. I was not sure if it was going to work because I typically carry medium totes and satchels. I've been carrying Ambler every day since she arrived! I've made several changes to the contents and I'm sure I'm not done yet, but here's what I'm carrying in her now. Not pictured is my big Samsung Galaxy Mega2 phone which I used to take the picture. It fits in the front zipper compartment. I still wish I could I fit a pair of sunglasses inside but I don't want to get a bigger bag just for that. Happy Three Months Ambler!:heart:
P.S. I usually don't carry that much cash but today is the last day of school and I'm giving each grandchild money when I pick them up from school to buy something they want.
20180607_100508-1.jpg

My Dooney Ambler is three months old today! Three months ago I set out on a mission to downsize my bag. I was not sure if it was going to work because I typically carry medium totes and satchels. I've been carrying Ambler every day since she arrived! I've made several changes to the contents and I'm sure I'm not done yet, but here's what I'm carrying in her now. Not pictured is my big Samsung Galaxy Mega2 phone which I used to take the picture. It fits in the front zipper compartment. I still wish I could I fit a pair of sunglasses inside but I don't want to get a bigger bag just for that. Happy Three Months Ambler!:heart:
P.S. I usually don't carry that much cash but today is the last day of school and I'm giving each grandchild money when I pick them up from school to buy something they want.
View attachment 4092382

RN, I can’t believe she holds all of that!

Reactions: RuedeNesle
View attachment 4092382
Wow! Fits a ton! I still have this on my wish list but can't decide on color. I think a neutral tan and then I see your red one....but it seemed so bright for me. Need to scope out QVC or ILD and see what is available.

Wow! Fits a ton! I still have this on my wish list but can't decide on color. I think a neutral tan and then I see your red one....but it seemed so bright for me. Need to scope out QVC or ILD and see what is available.
Hi B!:smile:
What about cranberry? It's not as bright. There's a good youtube video of the QVC presentation when burgundy, cranberry and red were available. About 5:30 minutes into the presentation Sandra and Susan put the three colors next to each other so you can really see the difference. Hopefully the link works.

Hi B!:smile:
What about cranberry? It's not as bright. There's a good youtube video of the QVC presentation when burgundy, cranberry and red were available. About 5:30 minutes into the presentation Sandra and Susan put the three colors next to each other so you can really see the difference. Hopefully the link works.

Fantastic! Thanks for the link! I think Cranberry would be best. I hesitate because I have a cranberry pebbled Zip Zip satchel and it is more of a winter brick red color. I wanted something that looks as bright as the cranberry does in the video but afraid it will be darker IRL and look like the zip zip. I guess I can order and if so, exchange!

Fantastic! Thanks for the link! I think Cranberry would be best. I hesitate because I have a cranberry pebbled Zip Zip satchel and it is more of a winter brick red color. I wanted something that looks as bright as the cranberry does in the video but afraid it will be darker IRL and look like the zip zip. I guess I can order and if so, exchange!
You're welcome! I understand your concern with cranberry. I have a cranberry Bitsy zip zip and it does look more like a brick red. The Belvedere cranberry looks brighter in the video. I hope if you order it, it doesn't disappoint!

Reactions: BaguetteBlonde
View attachment 4092382
Thank you RuedeNesle! I was hesitant because I thought my phone with case wouldn't fit. Your 'What's in m bag' is a huge help :flowers:

Reactions: RuedeNesle
View attachment 4092382
Pretty color and wow she can fit a lot!!

Thank you RuedeNesle! I was hesitant because I thought my phone with case wouldn't fit. Your 'What's in m bag' is a huge help :flowers:

Hi BB!:wave: I'm glad it helped! It really does help knowing what can fit in a bag before you buy it. Some bigger bags don't hold as much as you think they should and some smaller bags hold more than you think they could! Good luck with your decision!

Pretty color and wow she can fit a lot!!
Hi MKB!:wave: Thanks! I just wish I could fit a pair of sunglasses inside. I tried once with a pair of Walmart sunnies. They had big frames. I managed to fit them in the back zipper compartment and zip the bag, but when I took them out they were broken from being squeezed in. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BaguetteBlonde