Which Dooney Are You Carrying Today?

I'm still carrying Penelope in Caribbean blue. I am having a love hate relationship with this bag. I LOVE the color and the leather of this bag. When I look at her I am just so happy. She opens nice and wide and carries a lot without being too big. But when I carry her, she is killing me. The straps are kind of wide and the way they attach to the bag makes them sort of twist and turn to fit on the shoulder. Then it feels awkward and heavy, I can't find that sweet spot. I am a shoulder bag girl, if I was a crook of the arm girl it would be no problem. So. I'm thinking I might order Paige in Caribbean blue and maybe I will sell Penelope. She is so beautiful, but the wide straps are killing me. I have a couple of other totes with thin straps (like the Lexington) that fit perfectly on the shoulder, but these wide straps are uncomfortable:sad:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm still carrying Penelope in Caribbean blue. I am having a love hate relationship with this bag. I LOVE the color and the leather of this bag. When I look at her I am just so happy. She opens nice and wide and carries a lot without being too big. But when I carry her, she is killing me. The straps are kind of wide and the way they attach to the bag makes them sort of twist and turn to fit on the shoulder. Then it feels awkward and heavy, I can't find that sweet spot. I am a shoulder bag girl, if I was a crook of the arm girl it would be no problem. So. I'm thinking I might order Paige in Caribbean blue and maybe I will sell Penelope. She is so beautiful, but the wide straps are killing me. I have a couple of other totes with thin straps (like the Lexington) that fit perfectly on the shoulder, but these wide straps are uncomfortable:sad:

I'm sorry to hear that. Comfort is so important. I appreciate the heads up.

Hi BW,
I'm sorry to read about your love-hate relationship with your bag. I know that feeling very well. It's like having pretty shoes that hurt your feet. I don't wear uncomfortable shoes, but I have carried heavy or awkward handling bags because I liked the way they looked. Now I look for beauty and comfort. (Yes, beauty is always first. :biggrin:)

I bought this from QVC and returned it thinking the red was a bit bright for me. Makes me want to see if they are still available....great photo!
Thanks Bagmedic!
It's funny you mention the brightness of the red because I thought it was a bright red at first too. But the more I carry it and compare it to other red bags it seems darker than it did initially. I'm really happy with the shade. I hope you get a red bag that makes you as happy as this one makes me!:smile:

Reactions: carterazo
Thanks Bagmedic!
It's funny you mention the brightness of the red because I thought it was a bright red at first too. But the more I carry it and compare it to other red bags it seems darker than it did initially. I'm really happy with the shade. I hope you get a red bag that makes you as happy as this one makes me!:smile:
I checked out QVC and they no longer have the red but I see it on the DB site. QVC has a burgundy color that may be more subtle for me. I'll wait for either site to reduce prices a little more but it looks like a very practical running around town bag.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
I checked out QVC and they no longer have the red but I see it on the DB site. QVC has a burgundy color that may be more subtle for me. I'll wait for either site to reduce prices a little more but it looks like a very practical running around town bag.
True, you may like burgundy more. I have a feeling the price is going to be reduced further, especially since QVC has it as a clearance item, and they're not presenting it anymore except on Q2 every now and then. I've enjoyed using it as an around town bag. I still wish my sunglasses would fit. But that one issue doesn't stop me from loving the size of this bag.
Fingers crossed you're able to get burgundy at at great reduced price!

Gorgeous picture! Beautiful bag! I have her on my wish list and I will be giving her as a gift too.
Thanks DB!:smile:
I hope you get her off your wish list soon! To be honest the first few weeks I had her I was still shopping around for something just a little bigger. :rolleyes: But the more I carried her the less I wanted to replace her. Now I'm very happy with her size and organization! You're going to make someone very happy with this gift! What colors are you getting/gifting?

Reactions: Doggie Bag
Thanks DB!:smile:
I hope you get her off your wish list soon! To be honest the first few weeks I had her I was still shopping around for something just a little bigger. :rolleyes: But the more I carried her the less I wanted to replace her. Now I'm very happy with her size and organization! You're going to make someone very happy with this gift! What colors are you getting/gifting?
I'm waiting for my daughter's birthday. Then I'll buy one for her and one for me but stick a gift card in hers. I think she will be surprised! :P

I love seeing everyone's handbags. Sorry I can't post pictures, but I wanted to share this weeks handbags.

Monday: Toscana grey satchel paired with black slacks, white shirt, and grey printed cardigan (grey with black and white floral pattern). The Toscana leather had a slight grain to it and held up very well.... no obvious scratches after a day of wear. I love this larger size of the Toscana domed satchel.

Tuesday: Pebbled leather zip zip in persimmon. Bright splash of color against a simple black and white outfit. Very casual look as compared to the sophisticate ;) pairing of the elegant light grey Toscana with Monday's grey/black/white.

Wednesday: Patterson pebbled leather Trina satchel in Calypso to accent a light aqua T shirt and jeans.

I'm trying to wear a different handbag everyday.... both in color and style. I have enough handbags to keep me from craving anything new.... hopefully my plan will work. :smile:

I love seeing everyone's handbags. Sorry I can't post pictures, but I wanted to share this weeks handbags.

Monday: Toscana grey satchel paired with black slacks, white shirt, and grey printed cardigan (grey with black and white floral pattern). The Toscana leather had a slight grain to it and held up very well.... no obvious scratches after a day of wear. I love this larger size of the Toscana domed satchel.

Tuesday: Pebbled leather zip zip in persimmon. Bright splash of color against a simple black and white outfit. Very casual look as compared to the sophisticate ;) pairing of the elegant light grey Toscana with Monday's grey/black/white.

Wednesday: Patterson pebbled leather Trina satchel in Calypso to accent a light aqua T shirt and jeans.

I'm trying to wear a different handbag everyday.... both in color and style. I have enough handbags to keep me from craving anything new.... hopefully my plan will work. :smile:
They all sound lovely and glad you are enjoying your beautiful collection!