Which do you prefer - White, or Yellow Gold?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
?

Which do you prefer?

1. White Gold/Platinum/Silver

2. Yellow Gold

3. Both

4. Other

5. Neither

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Just thought it would be interesting to run a poll on which colour of gold people prefer.

I like both (greedy, moi?! :queen:)!

I tend to wear more yellow gold between Midsummer and late Autumn, during the day and then in the evening and for the rest of the year I tend to favour white gold, or platinum (something about the light, I think).

If you only wear platinum (lucky you! :biggrin: ) or silver, or tend to only wear costume jewellery; please just tick the box with the appropriate coloured metal(s), next to it.

BTW, I know that, technically, pure gold only comes in one colour; by white gold, I am, on the whole, referring to rhodium plated gold. ;)

2. i love everything i adore rose and yellow gold but i am not a great fan of white gold i prefer platiunum only when it is inevitable then i also settle for white gold.
    ah and it has to be 18 carat

3. I agree! Too many people in the UK wear 9ct (9K), which barely has any gold in it, at all!

14ct (14K) is fine, but I agree that the best compromise is 18ct (18K). :yes:

4. I used to be a "yellow only" gal up until I got my first pair of platinum diamond stud earrings, then I went bloody white metal crazy!! Any more if I don't get either white gold or platinum, I'll opt for two tone. My new diamond bracelet is a two-tone and I just LOVE IT! Goes with everything. My ruby bracelet (one of my most treasured pieces) is straight yellow gold. I really don't care for rubies in white metal for some reason...

5. I voted for yellow gold but I also like white gold but it was grouped with platinum. I'm not a platinum lover. It is like a dirt magnet for me.

6. Im definetely a platnum/white gold or silver girl.

7. I like to switch it up between white gold and gold...just depends what kind of mood I'm in when I go out I guess

8. Prefer white gold but some things that I wear look better w/ yellow gold

But white gold is my number one choice.

Someday, when I'm engaged :crybaby: ---I would like a white gold ring. Not yellow.

Wow. That sounded depressing didnt it. Someday.
    Ok I meant when I get engaged. Better? LOL :roflmfao:

9. (1) Platinum
    (2) white gold
    (3) rose gold
    (4) silver

10. Platinum all the way!!! It's so strong and beautiful... yellow gold looks terrible with my coloring, and I'm not a big fan of white gold because it can turn yellow with time and needs re-plating.

Platinum is the perfect metal for me, with sterling silver running a close second!

11. I love platinum more but I actually don't mind the yellow and the rose....

12. I prefer white gold or platinum or a mix of both over the other gold colours. I'm not entirely why sure :shame:

13. White gold..I'd rather wear silver than yellow gold actually :P

14. For everyday, I prefer platinun/white gold/sterling silver. However, I love mixing in a little 24K gold for summer and rose gold for fall. :love:

15. I prefer platinum or white gold usually but lately I've fallen madly for rose gold. I saw a lady on the weekend with rose gold bangles and a thick chained necklace. I kept gawking at those, lol! Looks so antique-glam.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice