Which do you prefer, Signature or Leather?

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
When I first started buying Coach a year ago EVERYTHING HAD to be signature, but now I find myselff leaning more towards buying the leather items. I still like signature from time to time, but brightly colored leather is so much more fun!

Tell me what you think!

still in the sig phase...I'm just getting into the leather...i have one leather bag, a couple of leather wallets, and a leather mini skinny...and they are all purple...I like leather so long as it is purple lol

Depends on the bag. At this point, I'm split evenly with my bags between leather and signature, so I'm not biased. Just bought the leather Soho hobo, and my next bag is likely to be that sig Zoe, so I'm good with either.

I have realized that I don't like small signature and I don't like pebbled leather, except for the Abbey, and that's an HG bag for me.

I have gone almost all leather. I have my mini sig shoulder tote, Heritage Stripe baby bag, and brown sig carly left and that's it... I sold the rest or am in the process of selling.

Leather for me - the only bag I own that has any signature on it is a denim patchwork one from a couple of years ago. I do like accessories w/ the signature on them, just not bags - I'm not a big "visible logo" person.

I'm a leather-lover.
The only signature stuff I "might" be interested in is the Large Zoe in Black-- because it has the silver hardware.
Bah! I want it in leather, like the Carly, with silver hardware, like the new Carly!!!!!

ETA: I loved the Sabrina Signature OpArt stuff I saw on preview in Fashion Valley.
It was a lot more subtle.

Leather for me - the only bag I own that has any signature on it is a denim patchwork one from a couple of years ago. I do like accessories w/ the signature on them, just not bags - I'm not a big "visible logo" person.

I am starting to have this same feeling! I feel okey with carrying my Coach signature bags and things to work, but when I carry my Louis Vuitton... I feel like a total SNOB! lol... and I'm not anywhere near a snob! lol

I am almost half and half with the sig and leather bags now, with the sig in the lead.
I think I have enough sig at the moment, and anything else Im thinking of buying would be leather, or maybe a suede piece (since I don't have a suede bag yet). I'm eventually going to get something Zoe, whether it be leather or suede!:sunshine:

Hi louislover! I have always gravitated toward leather. I don't own a signature bag but I do have one canvas weekender Coach ergo with no Cs. I don't know if that will ever change, I can't seem to justify the cost of signature in my mind but for some reason I think it's okay to pay money for leather.

I used to love signature, but now I am loving leather a lot more. The rest of my collection is leather, but I only have 1 signature bag (my first Coach, black on black mini sig). I gave all of my signature pieces to my mother.

I agree with the OP, as of late, I felt like a "snob" whenever I used my sig bag at my internship, but I'm not!

I definitely prefer leather. But then I saw the Bordeaux/aubergine Zoe and I thought the sig looked really pretty in that color. I have a couple of khaki sig accessories, though I wouldn't want a whole bag in khaki sig. It's just not my thing.