Which diamond should I choose for my DBTY necklace?

1. Hello ladies!

Hubby is going to get me a DBTY necklace for my bday and I decided that I wanted a stone that is around .3 carats!

So I asked my sales associate lady what she had available and this is what she had sent me.

She says that she thinks I should lower the color and go for a higher clarity since my necklace will be set with yellow gold.

But i am kind of afraid to get an I color diamond.

Should I go with the one that she is recommending? Which is .29 I vvs2

Or should I get .27 G si1

To me, the second one sounds better but I am kind of confused...

I feel like since it is a small stone anyways, I should be just fine going for a lower color grade and at least have better clarity?

Help me ladies!

Tia!

2. I disagree with the sales lady, if it was me I would go for the G colour diamond, particularly because the stone is being set in yellow gold. Diamonds reflect the colours around them. As far as I know an Si1 stone has inclusions that are not visible to the naked eye, in this case the colour would bother me more than the clarity. Just my opinion, good luck!

3. Go in and take a look at both of them in person. The cut is most important and You need to see them in person. Have fun and Happy Birthday,

4. I wish but I cant.. We dont have a store where I live so we need to order it from another state :sad:

5. Thats what I thought too...

aussiemel likes this.
  6. Could they send you a copy of the certificates so you can see the specs? You could plug in the numbers into the HCA http://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca.

7. You are absolutely right, the cut is actually the most important thing of all. A diamond that is not cut well will not reflect the light and sparkle like it should.

8. I think both sound lovely. It depends on what is most important to you. I think that an I colour can't really be distinguished, and neither can an SI1 for a necklace. No one will be putting their face up to your chest to look, which is different to a ring (hahaha).

If you can't decide, my idea would be to wait and either save up for the one you really want, or wait until they have a different selection in stock. Unless of course they can order them in and you can try them on in store? Or go on a vacation and visit a bigger store with hubby and enjoy the bling fest of trying everything on?

Good luck. Its such a lovely problem to have :biggrin:

xx

9. So this is what i asked and

The second scores 1.8 on hca where as the first one is 4.6..

They are both triple x but for some reason,
    Second one is way better!

Should i stick to that one?

10. If one isscoring way better than the other, does it mean that it has a better cut?

11. I am certainly no expert but I would go for the one with the better HCA score. I believe the better the score the better your diamond will reflect the light and sparkle, as far as I know the score takes everything in to account, including the cut. I would get the second diamond, all things considered.

If you want more expert advice or some more opinions it may be worth joining the Pricescope forum and asking the people there, that's what I would do.

12. I would go with the second one since it scores better.

13. I would buy what the sales lady is recommending. .29 I vvs2

14. It really depends on your preference.... I'd prefer the G over I for a pendant set in yellow gold.

15. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467238146.042412.jpg

So here is the picture!

Please let me know ur thoughts!