Which designers would you like to design the royal wedding dress?

frizz

Nov 8, 2006
Top four for me-

1. Vivienne Weswood- for me she is just an amazing designer.
2. Luella Bartley- I'd love to see her designing again.
3. Stella Macartney-
4. Giles Deacon becuase I think it would be interesting

Oct 21, 2008
It should have been Alexander McQueen!!! :cry:

That said, I think that Christopher Bailey could do something wonderful with the royal wedding gown and I hope he gets the gig :tup:
LOVE his work for Burberry Prorsum and he just keeps getting better with each new season.

After Christopher comes Stella MCartney or Phoebe Philo - either would do a great job.

My out-of-left-field suggestion is Meadham Kirchhoff - their gown could be beautiful or it could be a ruin (a la Miss Havisham on acid :nuts: )

Syma

O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
Europe
Vivienne Westwood did that gorgeous dress for SJP in Sex and the City the movie, it would be beautiful to have something theatrical for Kate.

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
westwood all the way -

also would love to see Luella designing again but not sure about wedding dress designs. I would guess she is not 'established' enough anyways for such a huge occassion.

Leah

Mar 22, 2006
Oh yes, McQueen would have been perfect.
Agree with the posts above, I think Vivienne Westwood would make an excellent choice.

I don't think Kate would wear something as lavish as Carrie's Westwood gown here but I would love a mix of modern and classic gown for Kate.

mrb4bags

Nov 11, 2007
New Jersey
Just read something on yahoo news that one of the British odds makers is saying that
Phillipa Lepley has the top spot at 2 to 1 to be the wedding dress designer.