Which Designers Still Line Their Bags w/Suede?

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I fell in love with Marc Jacobs bags many years ago and one of the things that attracted me the most were the suede linings he used in all of his bags. Sadly, over the years the suede linings were used less often and as of 2008, he discontinued its use all together. Altho I do still love the newer MJ styles, I really miss those suede linings.

Gryson bags used to be lined with suede, but I think that changed after a few seasons (are they even making Gryson bags anymore?). YSL lines some of its bags with suede, but when I bought a Roady, I was disappointed to learn that the one I liked (and bought) had satin lining instead of suede. I also remember a lower end designer (can't remember their name, but they were famous for their clutches and sold at Nordstroms - I think they may have gone out of business as well).

I just saw pics of the Celine Luggage and see that it has suede lining (it's gorgeous!), but it got me wondering, which designers still line their bags with suede?

Yea, I had a MK Collection bag that had suede lining, but he no longer produces that bag for the Collection (it's now a Michael by MK bag). Does he line any of his current collection bags w/suede?

I also remember a lower end designer (can't remember their name, but they were famous for their clutches and sold at Nordstroms - I think they may have gone out of business as well).

...but it got me wondering, which designers still line their bags with suede?

Goldenbleu? You're right, they're no longer in business. They had stopped using suede linings though.

Botkier - I think only the Sasha is now lined in suede or similar.

Kale - Gorgeous fuchsia suede linings but I think they're on a hiatus for the time being.

Good question. 2 of my favorite bags in my collection are my old Marc Jacobs Stella with suede lining and my new Celine luggage with suede lining. Suede feels so good as a lining.

Last edited:
Goldenbleu? You're right, they're no longer in business. They had stopped using suede linings though.

Botkier - I think only the Sasha is now lined in suede or similar.

Kale - Gorgeous fuchsia suede linings but I think they're on a hiatus for the time being.

Re: Botkier, I think it was the Bianca that was lined in suede, but the latest re-releases of it (in black, with silver hardware, or the Luna Boston exclusive in Metallic Mermaid) seem to be using the standard Botkier cotton lining too.

Re: Botkier, I think it was the Bianca that was lined in suede, but the latest re-releases of it (in black, with silver hardware, or the Luna Boston exclusive in Metallic Mermaid) seem to be using the standard Botkier cotton lining too.

Yep, Bianca, thanks! I remember Monica posting that the Bianca would always be suede lined... I guess she's gotta do what she's gotta do though.