Which Designer is a "MUST BUY" when in Paris, France?

Feb 25, 2009
Los Angeles/ San Francisco
Hi ladies I know this is the Chanel Thread but is CHANEL a brand where you just have to go when in France to purchase a bag etc. before coming back home? Are there any other brands that we can't get here or styles of bags that is a must? :P

There's also LV, Celine etc. I would appreciate your thoughts.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Boston
Perhaps Goyard...

Also, when I was in Paris I bought perfume from small boutiques that don't carry their fragrance overseas. I thought that was a pretty unique gift (one you can only get there).

Roku

Subscriptions Rock
O.G.
Jan 16, 2011
To add to the list of non-usual suspects, Perrin Paris. I die for their exotics.

They only have two boutiques in the U.S. (LA / BH and NY / the carlyle) but their flagship is in France. And other than their gloves, which is what made them famous in 1893, their bags are extremely well-made and well-priced.

They have this one rendition of the Hermes double sens in all ostrich and the leather is soft, smooshy and tdf. Love.

Chanbal

Aug 18, 2012
World
Hi ladies I know this is the Chanel Thread but is CHANEL a brand where you just have to go when in France to purchase a bag etc. before coming back home? Are there any other brands that we can't get here or styles of bags that is a must? :P

There's also LV, Celine etc. I would appreciate your thoughts.
If you are not looking for Chanel or Hermes, Dior and LV are also great brands to buy in Paris. Have fun!

Miss89

Jul 29, 2012
UK
Hermes in my opinion...but buying any french designer in France is a good choice,it all depends of your style,financial situation etc...

Misunderstood

Jan 1, 2014
Check out Moynat. Last summer, i had a bag personalized then picked it up in Paris during our holiday. Moynat's customer service is great. Check out the moynat thread.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Boston
[ QUOTE=maryg1;27309293]Don't forget French lingerie![/QUOTE]

Yes!! My fave brand ever is Empreinte---made in France---and amazing quality. They have way more styles over there, highly recommended!