Which bag would you buy?

• YSL Wallet on a Chain (large) in black with gold hardware

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Celine Medium Classic Bag in Box Calfskin in black

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

lunastella

Jan 12, 2020
Hi! Long time lurker and this is finally my first post. I've been looking for an everyday crossbody bag that could hold minimal essentials (wallet, keys, phone, sunglasses--lately I've been carrying these without a purse :lol:) and not be too bulky. I have only ever purchased and currently own one designer handbag (Goyard Artois MM) and it has become my go-to work bag when I need to carry my laptop, books, papers, etc.
I prefer a bag I don't have to constantly baby, but I like to think I am careful when handling my bags.
I tend to wear lots of neutral colors and would prefer something more day to day for my 5'4 frame.

I currently am considering these two bags:
1. YSL Wallet on a Chain (large) in black with gold hardware
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 12.58.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 12.58.07 PM.png
2. Celine Medium Classic Bag in Box Calfskin in black
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 12.57.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 12.57.47 PM.png
I realize there's a steep difference in price haha. I like how there are no obvious logos and the classic/timeless style of the Celine bag but I worry about it getting scratched easily and if it's worth the price.
I also love the look of the YSL but I feel like it's classic gold hardware/monogram design is a bit too flashy, screams "designer" and something I see everywhere.

Would love any other suggestion you guys have! Thanks in advance :smile:

Last edited:

jayohwhy

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I think that if you go with the WOC you will have a hard time fitting in both keys and sunglasses and might also end up having the sunglasses get scratched. I love the box bag but think that the leather is a little delicate and am not convinced it's worth the price.

A compromise that doesn't break the bank would be the lou camera bag-- it's at a great price point, cute for everyday and can be dressed up or down, and would fit your essentials and a little more, like a lip balm or mirror if you needed it as well.

Reactions: Amazona

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
+1 on the Lou Lou. I like your taste! Don’t think you can go wrong with any of the above.

Apr 4, 2018
New Jersey
Check out the Saint Laurent Niki chain wallet. It's a great size, fits the basics, doesn't have to be babied. The crinkle leather is durable. Black with black hardware is a nice alternative.