Which Delightful PM would you choose?

aegisshi

Mar 18, 2014
Hello TPFers! It's a beautiful Monday, hope everyone is having a great day.

I wanted to ask what you all would do in my situation. I've been looking into getting pre-loved LV shoulder bags and have narrowed it down to two Delightful PMs with some differences. Here is the rundown on both options:

Delightful #1:
- made in France in 2010
- no visible flaws, though obviously slightly used
- from a seller in Japan, so potential customs/duties fees
- even before customs fees, this one is around $100 more than #2
- no dust bag, no receipt, nothing
- great communication with seller

Delightful #2:
- made in USA in 2013
- there's a water stain on the vachetta strap
- from a private US seller, no potential customs fees
- costs around $100 less than #1
- includes dust bag and receipt
- seller is a little rude/very flaky communication

What do you guys think? What would you pick? I would appreciate your feedback!

Hello TPFers! It's a beautiful Monday, hope everyone is having a great day.

I wanted to ask what you all would do in my situation. I've been looking into getting pre-loved LV shoulder bags and have narrowed it down to two Delightful PMs with some differences. Here is the rundown on both options:

Delightful #1:
- made in France in 2010
- no visible flaws, though obviously slightly used
- from a seller in Japan, so potential customs/duties fees
- even before customs fees, this one is around $100 more than #2
- no dust bag, no receipt, nothing
- great communication with seller

Delightful #2:
- made in USA in 2013
- there's a water stain on the vachetta strap
- from a private US seller, no potential customs fees
- costs around $100 less than #1
- includes dust bag and receipt
- seller is a little rude/very flaky communication

What do you guys think? What would you pick? I would appreciate your feedback!
Neither. I would keep looking. Delightful is common enough on the resale market. Check consignment stores as well.

1. I wouldn't want to deal with an international purchase, if you need to return it will be too costly. What if it has odors?

2. Before reading the last line I would have said go with #2. But I never deal will rude/flaky sellers, if anything goes wrong it will be a pain and why give them your money if they're rude?

In general I would stick with sellers in the US, I don't think the potential custom fees and etc are worth the upfront savings on an international purchase. HTH!

Last edited:
I've dealt with international shippers with no issues, never needed to pay custom fees but I live in the states so it depends where u live I'm sure. #2 option is automatically eliminated( IMO) , simple fact I would want mine MIF AND I don't deal with sellers BS. I would opt for keeping up the search. There is the right delightful out there for you. Best wishes!!!

I've bought several bags from Japan (all authentic) and from a good reputable seller.
I didn't have any custom fees and the items all ranged from $800 - $1600 but of course it depends on where you live. Not just for the fact that they probably have MiF if you wanted, but I just would be so turned off by a rude seller anywhere! And I make sure I want/need the item so there's no issues for returning. You can keep looking I do think there's lots of Delightfuls showing up. Good luck!

Thank you all for your feedback!

I have been stalking the internet for preloved Delightful PMs in good condition and in my price range. These two were the two I found in the past month or so of searching. Both have very very little patina, which is what I wanted and light patina for these prices seems to be a little hard to come by.

I also live in the US and the seller for #1 ships using EMS which I've read is less likely to incur customs/duties. The bag got an A rank in regards to the condition that it's in (this seller uses N, A, B, C, etc) and was authenticated here on TPF. I called and spoke with someone in my local customs office and she told me that because it's less than $2000, is for personal use and is authentic I probably won't get hit with a bill. But I am aware there is a possibility which is what I'm worried about.

As for bag #2, the seller at first seemed okay. The first time I messaged her I got a prompt response and then after that, all communication just went down the drain hence the reason I don't want to buy from her despite the bag being a steal.

I do really want #1. I'm just wary of customs/duties...

I wanted a Delightful soo badly! I got one off eBay thinking I was getting a great deal on a gorgeous bag! I will forewarn you, it was not a smart move. I am not sure I would purchase a Galliera or a Delightful pre-loved. There are so many "wear" areas on these bags that pictures can not Pick up. Unless you are getting this bag under half off, my opinion is to get this bag new. I ended up getting a new Delightful and I went MM size. JMHO!

Best of luck to you!

I wanted a Delightful soo badly! I got one off eBay thinking I was getting a great deal on a gorgeous bag! I will forewarn you, it was not a smart move. I am not sure I would purchase a Galliera or a Delightful pre-loved. There are so many "wear" areas on these bags that pictures can not Pick up. Unless you are getting this bag under half off, my opinion is to get this bag new. I ended up getting a new Delightful and I went MM size. JMHO!

Best of luck to you!

Thank you for sharing your experience! Though I'm sorry to hear it did not work out for you. If you don't mind me asking, what areas in particular did you see were problematic and unseen in photos? The seller of #1 is great with communication, maybe I could request photos of those areas?

Thank you for sharing your experience! Though I'm sorry to hear it did not work out for you. If you don't mind me asking, what areas in particular did you see were problematic and unseen in photos? The seller of #1 is great with communication, maybe I could request photos of those areas?
The under side of the strap can be a problem area. I treated mine (against some people's judgement) but that thick beautiful piece of raw vachette can get color transfer. I would also encourage you to get good pictures of the top vachetta trim piece, especially near the gold ring.

I can not express into words how truly amazing this bag is...a few others will attest to this in the Delightful clubhouse. I know some people don't treat their bags well and if you have done your research, you will see a few trashed bags on eBay. It sounds like you are pretty smart and done your research so hopefully this has been helpful advice to you! :flowers:

The under side of the strap can be a problem area. I treated mine (against some people's judgement) but that thick beautiful piece of raw vachette can get color transfer. I would also encourage you to get good pictures of the top vachetta trim piece, especially near the gold ring.

I can not express into words how truly amazing this bag is...a few others will attest to this in the Delightful clubhouse. I know some people don't treat their bags well and if you have done your research, you will see a few trashed bags on eBay. It sounds like you are pretty smart and done your research so hopefully this has been helpful advice to you! :flowers:

Ok, I just asked the seller for additional photos of the areas you mentioned! I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that this will be a good one.

All your advice as helped me so much, thank you. I actually didn't have much interest in the Delightful until I actually saw one in person last week. I was in a meeting and all I could pay attention to was the Delightful! I really, really, really want one!!