which crossbody to purchase?

tophe

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
Hi, looking to buy my first tano that can be worn crossbody. It needs to hold a wallet, water bottle and likely a compact umbrellla. I like the petite larceny but would it be able to accommodate the above content?

Mona lethal, getting warmer, and black is the new all look nice but they look too tall for my 5 foot frame. Thanks for any feedback.

Hi, tophe!

I am not a crossbody bag kind of gal but I know Tano Expert is.... she likely will have the most educated answer for you!

But you can see from this pic of MHB that the Petit Larceny looks great on without being huge! I don't own one but it should be big enough for a wallet, water bottle and umbrella as well as some other odds and ends. Tano's tend to be big rather than small....even the 'small' bags have great capacity. :yes:

3616MODEL_L.jpg

And not to be an 'enabler' or anything....:graucho:....but if you order a PL from MHB right now and email customer service and let them know you are a tPF-er you get 10% off AND free standard shipping.... which makes a brand new PL only $167!!!!!!! :nuts:

my favorite cross body bag is the mona lethal. I have one in apricot and its just so comfortable and practical. Its streamlined to the body and taller than it is wider, so it doesn't look huge even though it can hold what you need it to. Whenever I use mine I always get a compliment!

^^TE...does the PL strap adjust to be short enough to carry as a shoulder bag without looking like a person is trying to carry a messenger 'short'? (Does this make any sense haha)

Hi, looking to buy my first tano that can be worn crossbody. It needs to hold a wallet, water bottle and likely a compact umbrellla. I like the petite larceny but would it be able to accommodate the above content?

Mona lethal, getting warmer, and black is the new all look nice but they look too tall for my 5 foot frame. Thanks for any feedback.

OOOOOOOOOOO what color are you thinking about!? lol I have a feeling it will hold all those items easily! I haven't compared dimensions but the three fer is also cute!

My Petit Larceny holds a small umbrella, wallet, paperback, and snacks. Love the PL - but it is definitely not as big as the Mona Lethal. The ML is adjustable though, for when you don't carry everything - it has the different holes so you can flap it over. There is a new bag on TOB called a Chock Full - it isn't as big as the ML, but maybe is in velvet (the colors listed are ruby and onyx?) - don't know a thing about it, but maybe someone else does. Just got the My Photo - it is like the ML only a little squarer and in lenny leather. Bonus - it has a shorter handle and the long strap. One thing about the PL - I don't think the fall colors show as well because of how much dark trim there is - my blueberry ML is awesome, but I would probably get a fall color in the 3-Fer rather than the PL - the color would show more (but never say never). My PL is beachy white, so the trim really sets it off.

chock full is nice but its smaller than PL and wont hold what you need. The tribal master, which is coming out this Fall in velvet leather, might also be good for you.

As for Mona lethal, I never tried to wear it as a shoulder bag or fold it over. You can do that, but I havent tried it myself.

^^TE...does the PL strap adjust to be short enough to carry as a shoulder bag without looking like a person is trying to carry a messenger 'short'? (Does this make any sense haha)

Voodoo, I'm not TE but I have two PLs and when I tried to carry as a shoulder bag I thought it looked funny, just like you described - like I was trying to carry a messenger "short".