Which country is burberry the cheapest?

linera

O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
Hi guys,

I was looking to buy a Newforest trench in the US and the sales associate told me that the style never goes on sale (it's $1495). I'm also going to Europe in a month and was wondering if it would be cheaper there and what country specifically.

Thanks! :smile:

Hi guys,

I was looking to buy a Newforest trench in the US and the sales associate told me that the style never goes on sale (it's $1495). I'm also going to Europe in a month and was wondering if it would be cheaper there and what country specifically.

LONDON or Paris (I think)! London for sure because I bought Burberry bags from London before and they don't add tax to the price tag and you can get VAT refund if you are a tourist. Even without the VAT refund, the bag I bought only cost 2300 us dollars when converted from pounds but on the usa burberry website, it says 2495 before tax! Definitely London!:smile:

Thanks! :smile: question...do you know how much the VAT refund is?

It depends from country to country within the EU...I believe UK is around 10-11% but i could be wrong..i believe Italy has higher VAT refund than France...there is VAT and even before VAT, it is way cheaper in the UK and EU:smile:

UK VAT is 20%

Refunds (for those who reside outside the EU) are commonly about 10-15%.

If you buy in the Canary Islands it's duty free (Spanish rate now 21%)

It's also duty free if you can buy flight-side at an airport.

As for where is cheaper:

It is most expensive in the UK right now due to GDP being strong, the Euro-zone will make prices cheaper.

UK VAT is 20%

Refunds (for those who reside outside the EU) are commonly about 10-15%.

If you buy in the Canary Islands it's duty free (Spanish rate now 21%)

It's also duty free if you can buy flight-side at an airport.

As for where is cheaper:

It is most expensive in the UK right now due to GDP being strong, the Euro-zone will make prices cheaper.

Yeah....duty free is the cheapest but duty free within the UK and EU will be cheaper than duty free in asia and the americas.

Hi guys,

Did you try B outlet in Hackney, London???

I bought a lot of Burberry clothing last month in Paris and I found that with the tourist discount cards (10% off) plus the VAT rebate, I was able to get these items for less than in the US. This would be at Printemps (the large Parisian department store) as Galleries Lafayette did not extend the 10% discount to their better designer brands (like Burberry) while Printemps did. Example: I bought a Burberry suit which retails for 1200 in the US and it ended up being about 970 US after the tourist discount and VAT refund.

Word of advice: Even though it's a pain and you'll wait in line, get your VAT refund at the store the day of your purchases. I did the refund by credit card and even though it saves time on the front end, you won't get the credit back to your card for over a month and when you do, you'll see that the exchange rate is less than what you'd get if you would take the refund in cash at the store. Depending on how much you buy, it may be worth waiting in line with loud, obnoxious tourists.